Onza Citrus Pads

tom-trials

Hey folks!

Just looking on tarty and saw the citrus pads and i would like to know if anybody runs them and can give me the good/bad points of them because this weekend its either get new pads (i dont realy need them but ive wanted to give citrus a shot for a long time) or i could buy a new wheel build on front due to me having a new front rim .

So basically can you either tell me what i would be better of doing or whether or not the pads are good. :P

Tom

Edited by tom-trials

I've got them and at first I wasn't too impressed, but they've sorted themselves out now and they're pretty nice. They're a slightly harder compound than Plaz CRMs so I'm told, so that should give you an idea of what they're like.

I like the way they have gone back to cutting grooves in them to channel water away (Y), a good idea in my opinion. Why is it that other pads don't do this? :ermm:

All these new pads make me want to buy them and eat them, i get some strange urge, like the zoo greens look like apple, and the tensile bubblegums reminded me of hubba bubba (i think it's called), and these citrus ones also look pretty tasty, maybe its just me :unsure:

Coust pads look like they should be really tasty.

I think other companies just don't bother cutting grooves in it just to speed up manufacture, or maybe to increase stiffness of the material so it's not got the chance to flex itself when you brake or something? Dunno...

Well it depends if the pads you have already got are warn down enough to by new one's if not then their is no point just bying pads for the sake of it i personally would go for the build plus i have never riden with citrus pads so i don't know what they are like hope this advice helps good luck(Y).