Gu Typhoon Or Python?

I have asked in the sticky thread 'random questions' but no one seems to have replied to it.

If I were to but a fully zoo python from tarty bikes link or a fully built GU typhoon from tarty bikes link, which would you say is the better bike out of the two bikes and why?

Edited by lawrence osborn

Sorry but i forgot to put this in, which frame is the strongest out of the two or are the roughly the same?

There both made by the same person, so i'd think they would be about the same.

Answer to your first question, just try and find someone with each bike, and have ago see which one you prefer.

I ain't gonna be able to answer your question but only add to it.

What is the Gu like for spongyness in the back brake? It has the cnc seat stay so it wouldn't need a booster?

The Zoo doesn't and i would of though that there would be alot of flex in the frame. Is this true?

I ride a Echo lite and damn its need a booster real bad. Some like sponge though :o

EDIT: Maybe look into a Ko-bikes frame. They are pretty damn nice (Y)

Edited by eskimo

I have had my GU a while now and love it. I went from a T-pro to my GU and much prefer it. It sits a lot easier on the rear wheel, and for gaps the GU doesn't take much effort to keep on the backwheel after the gap. I find that the bb rise also helps when you have your front wheel rested on a higher obstacle than your back tyre and want to land on the rear wheel on top of the obstacle (static transfer). This is because with a higher bb you don't feel as close or as low to the obstacle.

The frames are very strong, i have hit the downtube on mine quite a few times backwheeling things without an amourdillo on, and it hasn't dented. The good thing about the GU is whilst being a very strong frame, it still is very light and feels so easy to flick around (i have the short wheelbase).

They shouldn't need a brake booster as it has a built in block on the frame. I did put an RB booster on a couple of weeks ago, but i didn't feel any difference in braking performance, but the only good thing about having a booster on is it protects the rear magura hose.

There isn't a lot of flex in the frame as the top and down tubes have bracing plates, so it helps keep the frame stiff, especially for front hooks and taps. The tubes are also quite thick so it makes it very hard to dent (i haven't put a dent in mine yet, only scratches).

The best thing to do is have a go on one, as the bb rise isn't for everyone, but if you do have a go on one, bear in mind the stem and bar set up as it can have quite an affect on what the bb rise can feel like. (Y)

I ride a Gu Short and they ride quite nice, like doing natural and i would say the GU is more for street.

Because of the BB rise and the slimness of the frame (Y) , if you like riding street get your self one mate (Y)

i ride a Zoo python 1045mm version it is one of the nicest bikes i've ever ridden. once your up on the backwheel it stays up with no effort.

i find even though its a mega long bike it is still a piece of cake to flick around just look at the stuff craig lee scott does. the bike is fantastic and if you get it set up perfectly for you . you wont want to ride another bike again. the only other bike i like to ride is a 26inch adamant a1 because they feel almost the same and i feel my bike is so easy to ride.

of coarse its up to you . i can just say that there is very little if any flex or the rear without a booster and the bike feels as strong as anything.

ask anyone who rides a python and see what they think the bike is lovely and of coarse with colour coded parts its sex on legs (Y)

it depends on what you prefer i like the shape of the gu and the way it rides

the python rides nice so i've heard but its just not for me because i'm utra small

up to what you what you like and don't like know one can tell you about that (Y) thanks dan

I'd say its all down to personal preferance

I myself prefer the GU but others like the Python

yes i do agree with the personal preferance but id go for the python because it's a lovely shape although the typhoon does have some nice features i'd still go for the python (Y) hope this helps (Y)