Sound Drivers? No Sound, Help!

Rob_P

Righty,

Just fully formatted and reinstalled windows. Nearly back to normal now after re-installing everything but the only thing I can't get back is my sound. I run sound through my amp and speakers through a cable into the headphone socket. Pretty common.

Now when I go into iTunes or whatever it dosen't even play, videos play but theres no sound.

I've been through the help and support but it's just a bismal so thought someone here may know :)

The only sound device it detects is the webcam....

Here yar... (without the webcam plugged in)

When I go to Start>all programs> accessories> entertainment>volume control I get this:

IPB Image

When I go control panel> sound audio devices:

IPB Image

In the device manager:

IPB Image

Checked and they all say there working properly but still no sound?

Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!!!!!

You need to install your sound drivers from the installation files for that particular sound card.

If it's built in to your motherboard, find the model number of your board and go onto the manufacturer's website and download the drivers from there.

If it's an external card then find the make/model and download the drivers from the respective website.

Need 2 know what soundcard/audio chipset on the motherboard first, then can find the correct drivers to install. Depending on the brand of motherboard you can usually get the correct audio drivers off the website.

If you dont know what the motherboard is try any of the install cd's that came with the computer..

Bit more info and cud probly help :)

M@

It's a Packard bell laptop so I haven't changed or have a clue what sound card is in there.

I'll try find the model number, notebook something :P

Danny -

IPB Image

Edit: ah ha, its an easynote M5255 CLICK

Edited by Rob_P

Ok with a little rummaging around found this page, its drivers for the whole "M5" range of laptops..

Support page

Quality helpful website there from Packard Bell (N)

Grab yourself both of the audio driver files and install both, do the ALC202 one first, with a reboot then the other. See how you fare with that :)

Hope it works

M@

Edit:

The link was found from this post, where the guy was havin all kinds of trouble finding the driver downloads too!

PB Forums

Edited by MadChikken