Brake Pads!

Chris Elson

Hello

I am just wondering about disk brake pads , i have a hope mono trial and i need a new set of brake pads can any one suggest what ones and where from. Thanks (Y)

I have just brought a new brake and everytime i go to do something on the front wheel the brake isnt working , it lets me roll. Do i need to let it bed in, or do i need some new brake pads. (Y)

ok first of it most likely needs bed in but make sure you have set it up right (sounds stupid) but make sure the disc is pretty much in center of caliper other wise get some spacers n make it so it is.

the best way people say to bed it in is to cycle down a big hil and pull it on at the bottom so it slows you down as much as it can then after wards pur some water on it, it normally helps but just to make sure you can do it a couple of times.

also it might need a bleed? but if you bought it brand new im sure it would be fine.

make sure all these things are fine before you need to buy new pads. :)

Thanks mate, na i didnt buy it brand new , i brought it off jay kay , but he has already bleed it, my disk is dead center of the capilier, it took me ages to make sure that the disk didnt rub on the pads, i will try the bedding in method to see if that works. (Y)

how much pads is left in the calliper? i forgot to ask lol

also someone said to me everytime you put a disc onto a different bike it needs to bed in again (not sure if its true)

also was gona say did you touch the disc at all with swetty betty fingers?

he has a hope mini by the way lol, chris its not a hope mono trial. (i didnt lie to him :- )

the pads have plenty of meat left in them.

but when he put the disc in his bag it might of got some stuff on the disc.

i had this problem before when i tokk the brake off my bike and then put it back on, it went shit and took about 3-4 days to bad in.

JK

Edited by J-KAY

if bedding in techniques don't work, get some degreaser and liberally apply to the disc, after all else fails try some new pads, fibrax ones are pretty good, get reds for most power and good lock (you'll have to bed them in)

is there a possibility that the pads are contaminated?

when disc pads come to contact with oil they go crap and stay crap.

that might be one of the factors to why your brake is shit?

and..is the rotor on the correct way? :lol: sounds like a bit of a stupid question but that can affect it too

max...

Thanks guys

I think the disk may need cleaning as i havent cleaned it since i brought it and it might of got dirty, i am going to try the water method. Ill give it a couple of days to bed in, if not then i will have to try new brake pads. Has anyone got a special way to clean a disk.

Thanks (Y)