Here's An Idea

toxicturky

rate, had this idea yeah, sick of having to ride into town everyday on my pitbull with no seat, the back of my knees start to hurt and my legs are sore before i'm even riding properly (i know i'm whining but hey, why not).. so what about a sort of strap-on affair? somthing that rests along the top tube and somehow is sturdy enough to sit on that is roughly proper riding hight. got a little picci attatched if you cant quite figure out what i'm on about. forgive the amazing drawing (the new bit is in red), gonna have a stab at boshing one up now, ideally it'd be able to fit into a backpack when it's time to do trials and then fit again when it's home time. got any technical input you'd like to share then tell me please

Mark.

[attachmentid=6801]

post-2710-1157116679_thumb.jpg

Edited by toxicturky

i have long arms... yeah you got a point, i'll lower the seat a tad, 6'4, it ain't going to be uber cumfy but anything to save my legs. cheers btw

or i could move the whole seat closer up the top tube and inch or two?

Edited by toxicturky

Back in 2001 I had an old Monty mod which had a seat. It was great for riding fair distances (within say 5 miles). It wasn't too quick but then it wasn't exhausting either. The idea of being able to sit down is appealing but the fact of carrying around a thing like that when you've reached the spot and want to ride trials is not :)

Back in 2001 I had an old Monty mod which had a seat. It was great for riding fair distances (within say 5 miles). It wasn't too quick but then it wasn't exhausting either. The idea of being able to sit down is appealing but the fact of carrying around a thing like that when you've reached the spot and want to ride trials is not :)

I've only just taken the time to study your avatar and realise what it is. and semi-lolled at it :P

Nice idea.... my legs ache after a big ride into town, but I'm not sure I would trust such a device to carry my average adult weight. Hell, I don't even trust the seatpost thing that came with my T-Rex (only use it so I can flip my bike upsidedown to work on it)

That and the riding position was.... well just silly. Like other things on a trials bike (small ratio's / one use rear brake and soft slow rolling tyres etc)...it's a pain. But I still love it. Hell, at least it's not a mod! :P

Maybe buy a bike with a proper seattube next time? yeah right. ^_^