How Do I Get Music Onto My Sony Ericsson K750i Phone (like A W800i)?

SQuiT-man

Hi,

I bought a K750i with W800i software off ebay, but I dont understand how to get music onto it..

Do I need some sort of software? When plugged into my PC, the phone charges, but I expected it to be shown on the computer under "my computer" as a removable disk (which perhaps I'd be able to drag and drop music into), but it doesnt show up as anything.

I also want to buy a 2gb Sony Magic-gate memory duo card thingy to store more music on. Can I upload music from my PC onto this THROUGH the phone being plugged into the computer, with the card in the phone? Or is it neccesary to buy a memory card adapter thing to plug straight into the USB, so I can just transfer it straight onto the card?

Cheers for any help,

Scott

You need to choose an option on the phone don't you? For transfer rather than just charge. It should come up with it on the phone. Maybe you need drivers too, I didn't on le mac though. And yeah, you can do it without a card reader, but card readers are the best thing in the world, so get one anyway B)

Get and install the w800 drivers off the sony ericsson site and it should then show up as a removeable disk.

that ought to sort it

you have to put the music in the right folder structure though or it won't show up in the walkman

ie..

memory stick / mp3 / artist / album /

anything other than that and it won't understand

Get phone, connect lead to computer an phone, wait for a few windows to appear which u cancel, click on my computer, removable disk F usually and thats it.

No need to use the software, its bollocks.

Just read all what you put, I have the D750i (t mobiles version of the K750i) and that method I just said up there I used from day 1 with that phone.

Edited by Si-man

By the way I have one of these phones for sale (k750i) if anyone wants it? I just got an upgrade on my contract. It's locked to o2, but you can get it unlocked. It will work with any o2 sim card, including genie. The camera on it is incredible, contact me for some pics taken with the phone, and also for some pics of the phone.

Its in perfect working order, and not too bad condition. Normal wear for 2 months use. Comes with 2 batteries, charger, usb cable, all the crap that comes in the box. Don't know if i'll be able to find an original box though. Will make sure it is well packaged though.

Only £40

Give me a ring 07841830672.

Mark

Get phone, connect lead to computer an phone, wait for a few windows to appear which u cancel, click on my computer, removable disk F usually and thats it.

No need to use the software, its bollocks.

Just read all what you put, I have the D750i (t mobiles version of the K750i) and that method I just said up there I used from day 1 with that phone.

Thats what I meant, i expected it to do this, but no "removable disk" appeared in my computer at all. I have now installed the software from the website and it does appear, however I cannot access it to put anything on it, it says "please insert disk into drive G" (where drive G is the removable disk a.k.a. phone). Does this mean I can only put music on it when my memory card arrives, and I put it into the phone? I can't put the odd couple of songs at all on it's regular phone memory?