Advice On The Next Level

weewillywinky

hello there, i've been riding for about a year with a bit of on off times. as you can probably guess it doesn't take a year to learn to track stand or forward hop. my question is where can i go with trials next, i can do most of the basics and i want to make my riding more street like maybe even to the extent of having steve hamilton as an example. i can wall ride, 180, front tap things, a silly trick i learnt off jono, and a few other things. i still ride trials but it is getting a little boring for me lately, i'm not finding as much fun in it as i use to, i'm not a big gap sought of person i prefer riding smooth and making it interesting by throwing in a few things here and there. can any one give me any tricks as you may call them to take it to the next level. maybe information how to do 360's or bars spins and crank flips. i'm quite aware of web sites like trashzen but they don't seem to help me much. i'm also looking to from coming away from 20" and going into 24" which will please/displease some people. cheers in advance

What me and my mates had when we learnt all of that was smoothest drop competitions what we would do is get someone to sit near the a drop (they was the judge) and who ever lands it the smoothest wins, and the you go and find a higher one and do that. As well as having allot of fun it also improves your dropping technique! (Y)

Hey i did a post like this use trashzen :P even though you said it , its the best thing

Will

www.trashzen.com

That was damn useful...

24" is definatly the way to go for street. I bet your riding style will instantly change by riding one even without any tips/ tuition. I can't give you advice on 360s, but barspins are virtually impossible with bars that are good for trials. Wear shinpads when learning crankflips, can turn into a red sticky mess very quickly...

hello there, i've been riding for about a year with a bit of on off times. as you can probably guess it doesn't take a year to learn to track stand or forward hop. my question is where can i go with trials next, i can do most of the basics and i want to make my riding more street like maybe even to the extent of having steve hamilton as an example. i can wall ride, 180, front tap things, a silly trick i learnt off jono, and a few other things. i still ride trials but it is getting a little boring for me lately, i'm not finding as much fun in it as i use to, i'm not a big gap sought of person i prefer riding smooth and making it interesting by throwing in a few things here and there. can any one give me any tricks as you may call them to take it to the next level. maybe information how to do 360's or bars spins and crank flips. i'm quite aware of web sites like trashzen but they don't seem to help me much. i'm also looking to from coming away from 20" and going into 24" which will please/displease some people. cheers in advance

By the sound of it 24" will suit your riding perfectly :) They are great fun.

When you go out riding, just try and look hard for new lines and maybe try and link two previous serparate lines together (like could you do a 180 to sidehop). You will find that pumping your tires up a bit will make streety stuff easier, try around 30 psi.

also go to http://www.26twenty.com and download some of the vids, they is a really streety mod rider on there.

go have fun.

By the sound of it 24" will suit your riding perfectly :) They are great fun.

When you go out riding, just try and look hard for new lines and maybe try and link two previous serparate lines together (like could you do a 180 to sidehop). You will find that pumping your tires up a bit will make streety stuff easier, try around 30 psi.

also go to http://www.26twenty.com and download some of the vids, they is a really streety mod rider on there.

go have fun.

i'm gessing that niffty little 20" rider you were on about is leon stimpson. never seen his stuff before but the whole website is prity awesome, cheers. i notice you live in leeds, thats fairly close to where i am. i live in northallerton near darlington if you have heared of that place, there is only a few riders round here but maybe we should get a train down to leeds and have a ride in leeds one day, what is leeds like ot ride? i'm currently not riding anything still paying mummy and daddy off for some dept but should be getting a bit of cash soon to get a new rig sorted then i'll be back on two wheels.