Hubs, Frames, And Freewheel Setups.

Louth Trials

hi,

can i ask your opinion which frame should i get and what should i run, should i run a front freewheel or a rear freewheel?As i am building my own. what do you people thinks to profile hubs as i may buy one of those 'because they look sweet as. your help would gratefully be appreciated.

Drew...

You know you're only supposed to bump topics every 24hours.

Not minutes. :huh:

Anyway, is it for a mod, stock, 24", 26" Mod? (Guessing Mod, as your profile says so)

If it's for a mod, and you have enough money, I'd say either go for a rear Profile and fixed front cog set-up.

I have a Profile on the rear, bought it 2nd hand so it'd already bedded in. Hasn't skipped at all (i've had it months) never had to service it or anything.

If not, go for something like a Tensile/ENO (Tensile's cheaper) freewheel up front, with a fixed hub and cog on the back.

(Y)

EDIT: Oh yeah, frames.

How much you got to spend?

Short or long?

Any particular 'style' you want?

Long - Zona Zip. I have one, and fecking love it. It's nice and flicky because of the short chainstays, and is perfect for everything. - Sidehops, gaps, front to back, spins etc.

Seems pretty strong too. (Only the proto Zip frame has snapped so far)

I prefer long mods. Being 51 11", I seem more comfortable on a long mod, then I do on a T-Pro. Not as cramped.

Short - T-Pros are nice. I had one before my Zona. And it was very good for learning on. Geo was nice too. Nice and flicky, and good for gaps etc. I cracked my one though...

Monty 221pr - Pretty cheap frames. I think they're exactly the same as the 221Ti (Apart from colours, and the complete builds)

I've read so many good reviews on them. And I haven't heard of any cracking or snapping.

Echo Lite - Everyone seems to love these. they say the geo is perfect, and is really nice to do everything.

Edited by Dan6061

personally i would choose a front freewheel and a nice rear hub, as that will be a solidest! as well as that you can get more engagements. you could get a tensile, try-all or wite industrys fw? the choise is yours or your budget. (Y)

as well do some research your self mate cos you could find out all the info your self. just look on trials shop web pages, they will give you an idea of what products to bye, tartybikes selectbikes supercycles visbikes cleanbikes...... ebay.. ect.... the list is endless just think for your self maybe (Y)

frames, er depends what chash you have, long zona zip short t bird?

i have a profile meself and i have a tensile freewheel aswell. i like my profile but found that when they broke they are just to expensive to keep repairing, nothing is cheap on them. i would advise against a rear freewheel as this means you have to run a 22 tooth fixed cog which is low gearing and you will lose power, but thats for another topic lol. i like my tensile havn't had any problems so far but havn't had it very long but everyone has given it the (Y) from what ino. i am running a t-master fixed hub which is the same hub as the 05 echo hub and love it, its smooth as f**k.

frames, now that is a big topic. this comes up so many times. all we can do is surgest a frame to the geometry you like and if it is strong or not eg. high bb, long wb could surgest a gu long. you should ignore people who say i have such and such a bike and it rides blah blah blah, because this is there opinion and could be completely different to what you think if you was to ride his bike. also if you have your eye on a frame you like the best thing to do is to go out and have ago on someones who has it, just find a big ride near you and go have ago.

i have a profile meself and i have a tensile freewheel aswell. i like my profile but found that when they broke they are just to expensive to keep repairing, nothing is cheap on them. i would advise against a rear freewheel as this means you have to run a 22 tooth fixed cog which is low gearing and you will lose power, but thats for another topic lol. i like my tensile havn't had any problems so far but havn't had it very long but everyone has given it the (Y) from what ino. i am running a t-master fixed hub which is the same hub as the 05 echo hub and love it, its smooth as f**k.

frames, now that is a big topic. this comes up so many times. all we can do is surgest a frame to the geometry you like and if it is strong or not eg. high bb, long wb could surgest a gu long. you should ignore people who say i have such and such a bike and it rides blah blah blah, because this is there opinion and could be completely different to what you think if you was to ride his bike. also if you have your eye on a frame you like the best thing to do is to go out and have ago on someones who has it, just find a big ride near you and go have ago.

yes thankyou for the fast comment are you actually riding with your profile hub? what colour is it would you be interested in selling it please mate...

Monty 221pr - Pretty cheap frames. I think they're exactly the same as the 221Ti (Apart from colours, and the complete builds)

I've read so many good reviews on them. And I haven't heard of any cracking or snapping.

I have one, fantastic bikes. Loads of monty's have cracked at the chain stays and i've heard a few people saying they've cracked their but never actually seen any picture to back this up. I love mine and it's seriously good for £150 squid.......

I have one, fantastic bikes. Loads of monty's have cracked at the chain stays and i've heard a few people saying they've cracked their but never actually seen any picture to back this up. I love mine and it's seriously good for £150 squid.......

they dont make them any more or else i would get one what hubs do people ride... cheers

i have snapped one of my mates pr's but it was a big gap drop... a good 8+ foot lol flat spotted his wheel too lol.

personally i would choose a front freewheel and a nice rear hub, as that will be a solidest! as well as that you can get more engagements. you could get a tensile, try-all or wite industrys fw? the choise is yours or your budget. (Y)

I think thats wrong isnt it? If you run a rear freewheel, you get more engagements. I think if you run a ENO on the rear, you get something like the feel of 108 engagements..

:blink: