Some Info About Bt

spider

I 'm riding a tibo now, I find the tibo better for me cause' of its so short and flicky compared to the relatively long BT 5.0 I used to have.. I'm a little higher than you and ride urban aswell.

So If I were you I would wait for the RAVen7.0. The 7.0 has a 1070mm wb which is the same as the RAVen6.0 "1065mm" wb... :- The RAVen7.0 has also horizontal dropouts and a lower bb(+20mm) which is a good thing in my eyes (Y)

You WILL wait for the 7.0 or definatly buy the 1065 6.0!

Edited by _skj0lsvik_

I have a BT raven 6.0 short/1065, that I am riding now.

I used to ride a PX Tibo before the BT, since I switched to the BT my riding has gotten so much better.

Mainly because of the shorter chain stays, BT= 375, Tibo= 390, this makes staying on the rear wheel much easier.

Other than that the length feels the same in the cockpit.

The BT has a much more durable frame tubing than the Tibo or most any other bikes that I have seen, they add more gussets where is needed for stiffness and on the downtube for the accidental miss of the bash.

I highly suggest the upgrade to the Bt raven, weather you go with the 6.0 or the 7.0 you will not be dissapointed.

Matt.

Thanks mates! (Y)

What about the geo?

What am i going to loose or gain with a higer bb? plus, i want the new frame to be a bit longer than my alibongo. will the 1065 +45 bb bt act and feel longer than the alibongo or it will not feel longer? is the 1100 frame is too long for me in a way that i will not be able to do the same bunyy-hops or gaps?

Sorry about all those questions but i see that you know a thing or two about geos of trials frames. :huh:

Edited by spider

hmm the bt is ok i guess, nice to ride for street etc, but they are fairly heavy :((N)

also running a 47mm wide rear im can be tricky depending on your crank setup.

...About that 47 mm rim:

I understand that's because of the Xtra width - the crank hits the magura's slave cylinder. is that right?

So, in other words, you say that frame is a bit old school isn't it? they dont use 38 mm rear rims this days any more... :huh:

...About that 47 mm rim:

I understand that's because of the Xtra width - the crank hits the magura's slave cylinder. is that right?

So, in other words, you say that frame is a bit old school isn't it? they dont use 38 mm rear rims this days any more... :huh:

yer thats correct the cranks hit the cylinders :(

What am i going to loose or gain with a higer bb? plus, i want the new frame to be a bit longer than my alibongo. will the 1065 +45 bb bt act and feel longer than the alibongo or it will feel longer? is the 1100 frame is too long for me in a way that i will not be able to do the same bunyy-hops or gaps?

I guess a 45mm bb rise is a good balance between a very high one and a standard rise. I can only tell you how it is to ride a 1065 (claimed) frame with 55mm (claimed) bb rise - in fact these figures are totally different when I measured them.

Firstly gaps are really difficult. It doesn't mean you won't gap far, it'll just be more challenging. Wheelswaps are also more difficult but it's easier to get the front wheel onto the object. Sidehops are dead easy. People say taps are more tough but I found them much easier. Also, the bb rise makes the bike feel really short and flickable. Furthermore it gives you great rear wheel control because when you hop on the rear, the wheel is under you and not behind you - so you can see exactly what you are jumping on. I don't know about bunnyhops, never been able to do them but at a guess they're harder. These frames feel really wierd at first but once you get used to them they're great.

edit: dunno what this Alibongo is, but with the same stem, my frame with 1093mm wheelbase and ~63mm bb rise feels much much shorter than a 1045mm frame with a slight bb drop.

Edited by Inur