Pads On Smooth Rim

GTF

i'd personally say that zoo pads are ace on smooth rims. even though there are only a few shops which now sell them, apparently the echo red/pink pads are the same compound just a bit harder which will have a slower wear rate. i would definately say that these pads are amazing on smooth rims, they hold very well, massive bite, sound nice and will last a long time. they are also really good to have on the front smooth rim aswell.

my mate has the plazmatic CRM'S which worked really well on his smooth rims, they had a tremendous hold and an ace bite. he said they are the best pads he has ever had!

i have also had the tensile bubble gum pads they are very good on my smooth rims, they had a good bite and a very load squeak! they didnt work very well when you had taken the tyre of to fix a puncture, they have a very good wear rate.mine had hardly worn down after about 4 months of hard riding. i wouldn't use them again but they are good. they are not good on the front they move around in the clamp after a few front wheel tricks.

you can buy these from www.tartybikes.co.uk

hope i helped.

i'd personally say that zoo pads are ace on smooth rims. even though there are only a few shops which now sell them, apparently the echo red/pink pads are the same compound just a bit harder which will have a slower wear rate. i would definately say that these pads are amazing on smooth rims, they hold very well, massive bite, sound nice and will last a long time. they are also really good to have on the front smooth rim aswell.

my mate has the plazmatic CRM'S which worked really well on his smooth rims, they had a tremendous hold and an ace bite. he said they are the best pads he has ever had!

i have also had the tensile bubble gum pads they are very good on my smooth rims, they had a good bite and a very load squeak! they didnt work very well when you had taken the tyre of to fix a puncture, they have a very good wear rate.mine had hardly worn down after about 4 months of hard riding. i wouldn't use them again but they are good. they are not good on the front they move around in the clamp after a few front wheel tricks.

you can buy these from www.tartybikes.co.uk

hope i helped.

Theyre not the same compound at all then Just a little change can ruin a brake pad. The echo pink are alright. Really good on a ground ronnie i found super loud squeak but they wear out extremely fast. If your destined on a smooth rim then get echo pinks ive ordered some more. My last set i cant really remember how good they held since i only used them on a smooth rim for a few hours. Also what rim you run makes a significant difference ^_^

Theyre not the same compound at all then Just a little change can ruin a brake pad. The echo pink are alright. Really good on a ground ronnie i found super loud squeak but they wear out extremely fast. If your destined on a smooth rim then get echo pinks ive ordered some more. My last set i cant really remember how good they held since i only used them on a smooth rim for a few hours. Also what rim you run makes a significant difference ^_^

Description

- New for 2006: Echo brake pads to fit Magura HS33 brakes.

- Designed for use with a light but sharp grind, but equally at home on smooth rims or with tar.

- ****Similar compound to the ZOO pads***, but harder, increases wear life while still offering great performance in the wet and dry.

- Assembled into brand new Power Pad backings for peace of mind.

- Available in Red and Pink... Pick whichever matches your colour scheme better!

Recommended Use

Smooth rim (front) or light grind (rear), dry weather, with or without tar.

http://82.110.105.16/tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=180

same/similar

^^^ i was near enougth right. lol

Edited by ben beckett

I used to use koxx browns they were good lasted ages, good grip. just got some plazzy crms have yet to test them but they should be good!

are the browns good on smooth rims?

well when my second set of Zoos go ill probably try the BT yellows on a smooth rim

please tell me how the bt´s work then ;)

Browns were good, especially when your rim in nice n clean! ive only changed because there wasnt enough material left for the pads to hit my nice overly thin rim!

okey. tought that they were only for hash grinds :P mabye i´ll get some then :P

hm, i think for such a common question were given enormous amount of replies

and noone can tell you which ones could fit your rim perfectly

so use the search button

there is a pad review tread (Y)

ps i think zoo/echos pads are worth buying anyway ^_^

by the way the same pad performance may differ during wearing time and rim condition