Beginner Bike: 20" Or 26"

Martinez

Hi there people. I recently started to do do a little trial riding on my mountainbike, but a trial bike seems more 'efficient' than a normal mountainbike to me. So I want to buy a trial bike and just wondering what would be the best trial bike to start with, stock or mod? Or doesn't that really matter?

Thanks

my opinion would be a onza t-rex its 500 pound off tartybikes and the bike is very good for a starter like yourself this is 26inch, or if you want to go mod then i suggest a onza t-pro this is 420 pound off tartybikes i believe and also very good for a starter

but it also depends on how much money you have got to spend and if you want to buy the bike complete or build it with different conpoments

www.tartybikes.co.uk

www.selectbikes.co.uk

some websites u can visit and have a look at frames wheels etc etc

hope this helps mate

depends on height , strenghth , ability and what you like most. the taller ,stronger and more experienced you are the more you should buy a stock

yep this is somthing which you do need to consider, if you went for a stock and wanted the t-rex it would be best foe you to be tall due to this fame being long and long frames are difficult for the shorter rider to lift the front end up!

have a look on tartybikes.co.uk for a nice bike that you would be happy with.

Edited by ben beckett

Hi

I would say 20inch for a beginner just because its less to move around, i'm 6.2 and it was ok at the beggining, then after 6 months i had learnt the very basics on a 20inch, i moved to a 26inch just because of my height, i took a risk really to change to a 26inch just because i didn't know how i would perform on a 26inch but i found it much better. (Y)

Chris121

depends on height , strenghth , ability and what you like most. the taller ,stronger and more experienced you are the more you should buy a stock

it has nothing to do with body shape and size, i was riding a stock at the age of 12, straight away. honestly, stock is the best. far more interesting and will keep you engaged for longer, but do yourself a favour. don't ask people on a public forum, go along to a ride and just ask for ago on different people's bikes so you can see for yourself which you enjoy the most. it doesnt have to be the one you are best on, but the one you enjoy the most.

Hey. Good to hear that you like trials and want to get a trials bike.

www.tartybikes.co.uk

www.selectbikes.com

www.trialmarkt.de - german site, good parts, very very good service, not so expensive either (Y)

I starded out on a 26" bike and loved it very much. I don't know if you have been doing some street/dirt/freeride biking before, but I think that a short 26" frame will fit you pretty good.

The Onza T-Rex is a really good starter bike. Not to expensive and you get pretty much for your money.

I used to ride street before i started with trials. The 26" bike I've been riding lately is a BT Ninja 365 (awefull bike :P ). One I tried a Onza Zoot (24") and that's the best bike I've ever been on. I don't know how the 20" bikes are like because I've never tried one, but I believe that they would be too short. Then you got the Echo Control (short). Best bike ever. Not very cheap, but insanely good (Y) If I should recomend a bike for you it has to be the Echo Control, but that's pretty expensive. The 24" Onza Zoot is also a bike you could think about. That one is even better than the Control, but I like 26" better so I stick with the Control.

Hope this helps :)

As ash-kennard says: Don't ask on a public forum. People are so different and have very different oppinions. The best way is mabye to ask some people to have a test ride on their bikes or go to a good bikestore and try some bikes there and ask them for advide.

Again, Hope this helps :)

Edited by GeeTee

It sounds like it's more a thing of personal flavour, then fact. It would be nice to try some bikes, but here in holland trial riding isn't that well-known. Don't know any other people near who do trials.. :( I think I'll go for a some what shorter stockframe, so the step from a mountainbike to trialbike won't be to big. Maybe the Onza T-Rex..

Thanks for all the help so far :D