Vista

Wrayvon

Basically, upgraded tonight, and naturally have a few problems now.

Frist:

I have a multimedia keyboard (logitech), all worked perfect on xp, now every button works appart from the volume controls, is this due to the new media player? Any way of fixing this?

Second:

I wont let me install Nero 7 due to compatabilty problems, anyway round this or alternative software i should use?

Third:

Just being fussy now, but can i change my media player to be black like the rest of it? It seems to leave a bar blue...

Ta very much!

wray

Basically, upgraded tonight, and naturally have a few problems now.

Frist:

I have a multimedia keyboard (logitech), all worked perfect on xp, now every button works appart from the volume controls, is this due to the new media player? Any way of fixing this?

Second:

I wont let me install Nero 7 due to compatabilty problems, anyway round this or alternative software i should use?

Third:

Just being fussy now, but can i change my media player to be black like the rest of it? It seems to leave a bar blue...

Ta very much!

wray

Is it media player 11? If it is right click on the bar choose: view>enhancements> colour chooser. This will let you choose what colour the edges are and if you want it all black you just whack the saturation bar all the way to the left.

Is it media player 11? If it is right click on the bar choose: view>enhancements> colour chooser. This will let you choose what colour the edges are and if you want it all black you just whack the saturation bar all the way to the left.

Can you get WMP11 with XP that isn't genuine?

Sure is, but that doesn't do the whole player, i already tried that :P

see:

Im thinking the blue bar at the top is to do with the vista theme? But i only seem to have a blue one...soo...danny i seem to rememeber you have a black one, care to share :-

cheers!

wray

post-1410-1159456666_thumb.jpg

Don’t use vista, it sucks! It’s yet another unstable Microsoft operating system, go Mac B)

If my dads macs are anything to go by i wouldnt touch them with a bargepole. Its a user friendly system sure enough, until it shits the bed and decides you can't do something that ordinarily should be possible, for example it sometimes like to not display the object dock bit, and when it does it'll sometimes not let you open things up using it.

The programs available to it are older versions of whats available to the pc, and it seems less competant at everyday tasks like burning cd's and editing pictures using photoshop than my pc is.. my pc is hardly cutting edge technology either with it being about 19 months old now and not being cutting edge when i bought it.

yea, you can duel boot it with ease (run xp and vista), vista is still build on NT platform, which is nearly 10 years old now, Mac is new developing technology, now with the core 2 duo, you cant really go wrong. I was actually there helping bench mark visa, when it was called longhorn, they had to scrap most of there main building block files as it was just too unstable, from what I read now, much hasn’t changed. Your best off getting an up to date version of xp. I can tell you this; the next computer I’m going to buy is going to say apple on it :-

Edited by jon0

Let's not have another Mac vs PC debate. If you really want an argument, why not bump up an old thread on the matter?

Vista looks nice, it'll be rubbish and buggy until the first service pack, and then it'll be good. I won't get it because I'm quite happy with XP (And OS X), and my computer probably isn't really up to it. But it's undoubtedly the future of the PC so you've just gotta roll with it.