Hub Problem!

cruiserweight14

I wonder i anyone can help me decide on my next step with my hub. I got profile 116mm profile hub with 12t on a 26 inch wheel. It was running fine for 2 and half months then it started slipping so i sent it to profile and they sent me it back with the wheel still made up with a knacked hub shell and a new rebuilt hub. But now i think the same is gonna happen again.

So do you think i should chance it, and get the wheel rebuilt or get a new hub.

My options so far are getting an onza t- master with a 14 t acs freewheel which is cheap but i'm sacrificing my 12t which i love, or getting a chris king bmx which is well expensive and don't no if it will do the same as a profile.

If anyone has any suggestions on any other hubs please could they advise or if anyone owns chris king tell me if they as good and as durable as the price states.

cheers.

I talked to the guys and he said the hub wasn,t designed for the strain of a 26 inch wheel. He also said something about when it is built it shouldn't be spun until its on the bike cos it is all supposed to tighten up. personally to me it sounds odd has anyone heard of that before.

cheers

craig lee scott has a chris king hub on his mod (07 python) it looks absolutely lush and sounds soooo fukking nice;

http://www.craigleescott.co.uk/

go watch his short little videos, the second one he has a king, it is amazing (not sure if he does in the 1st one?!?!?)

with it being a chris king you know that it will last for ever and you can get a lovely chris king 12t cog on it that you love!

i would NOT reccommend getting the acs claw thing they are shit and brake quickly,(my mate had one on his mod)

i am pretty sure the king fits.

the king is worth the money!!!

Edited by ben beckett

One big think here that i must point out as this is why i chnaged from profile.

DON'T TURN IT BACK WHAT SO EVER UNTILL IT'S BUILT, ON THE BIKE AND YOU HAVE DONE A GOOD FULL PEDAL ROATION AT LEAST ON THE HUB.

Why Profile don;t loctight the ring in place and if you apin the hub it comes undone so you have to wind the thing up by rididng it!!

I sent mine back a stock 6sp thing about 5 times! I got pissed off with it in the end and moved on. Well went back to my King

One big think here that i must point out as this is why i chnaged from profile.

DON'T TURN IT BACK WHAT SO EVER UNTILL IT'S BUILT, ON THE BIKE AND YOU HAVE DONE A GOOD FULL PEDAL ROATION AT LEAST ON THE HUB.

Why Profile don;t loctight the ring in place and if you apin the hub it comes undone so you have to wind the thing up by rididng it!!

I sent mine back a stock 6sp thing about 5 times! I got pissed off with it in the end and moved on. Well went back to my King

Yep had a right bad time with mine for the 26" broken axel, pawls and springs breaking all the time! and bearings crushing so i just got a king they just seem to run perfect all the time (Y);) get the steel axel if you can and steel driver is well worth the extra money!

Edited by tomtrials