Maguras Using Water

fastboy_dan

yes it is true..

the reson why people do it is

• its cheaper
  • easier to replace
  • simple to bleed
  • faster feel on the lever (pads move quicker)

if you would like to water bleed your brakes do a search on water bleeding and it will give you a guide

on how to do it.

max....

ive had my brake bleed with water for ages, as water is thinner than the oil the water can push the pads faster, only problem is that as as its getting colder now you will need to put anti freeze in as well otherwise you will go out for a night ride and 20mins into the cold ride your brake will freeze it didnt happen to me :$ lol

Pros:

*If done correctly a superior lever feel is achieved

*Debatably easier to get hold of/ cheaper (is arguable if you have no antifreeze, as it would take me the same time and same cost fto get antifreeze as it would some proper fluid)

Cons:

*Freezes if not enough antifreeze is used in winter

*Needs to be re-bled every so often due to air coming out of solution (oil can be bleed and forget, 5 years plus)

*Debatably increases wear inside the brake, i.e piston seals, as water has no lubricous properties.

*Technically voids warranty

Water can change state even within a sealed system, but wont evaporate in the sense that it will 'dissapear'. It would also need to get rather hot to change state.

However, any air that was dissolved in the water when the brake was bled is likekly to come out of solution as different temperatures/conditions leaving you with a spongey brake.

so shod i jst go n get sum propa oil and save all the hasal

fanx guyz

dan :rockon:

naaa...no point in spending 8 pounds on oil if you can just use water...it isnt as bad as people have been saying..

it cant evaporate bacuase its sealed and it wont freeze if or expand if you mix some antifreeze in with it.

your choice though mate its your brake.but you have to blead a brake with water when it is submerged in water..

you dont need a syringe or pipes for this though.

max....

Edited by max-t

"so shod i jst go n get sum propa oil and save all the hasal"

fanx guyz

type properly it is easier to get your point accrues and use the spell checker if you want to become a member.

just bleed it with water feels nicer,cheaper and easier, research bleeding with water. mines been bled with water since i've had it and the previous owner had it bled with water for years before that.

Edited by Broomer