Brake Problems

planet-x-boy

Alryt lads,

I have used many different front brakes in the past, such as magura loise, hope mono mini, hope mono trial and there all s**t imo.

I then tried a BB7 and, well, it is the best brake ever. I have been using a 205 and it is exactly how i want my brake to be but i have snapped two callipers in the past 2 months and i really cant afford to keep buying a new one each month.

I would like to know if there is any brakes out there that can equal the BB7 and wont break.

Is there such brake?

Thanks Brett....

Alryt lads,

I have used many different front brakes in the past, such as magura loise, hope mono mini, hope mono trial and there all s**t imo.

I then tried a BB7 and, well, it is the best brake ever. I have been using a 205 and it is exactly how i want my brake to be but i have snapped two callipers in the past 2 months and i really cant afford to keep buying a new one each month.

I would like to know if there is any brakes out there that can equal the BB7 and wont break.

Is there such brake?

Thanks Brett....

im not much use to your questions but im curious how did you break them? failed sidehops?

Do the calipers snap themselves under the force? If so, only option is to drop a size, try the 185. Or lose some weight :P

Yeah they just break under the force of the brake. I dont want to drop a size because i want the brake to work as well as it did and if people say that they are just the same then the 185 will break to.

Im not fat either. 12st isnt fat i dont think :P

Brett.....

Yeah they just break under the force of the brake. I dont want to drop a size because i want the brake to work as well as it did and if people say that they are just the same then the 185 will break to.

Im not fat either. 12st isnt fat i dont think :P

Brett.....

try a 185 its what i use and its mental totally love it :)

Are you sure you're setting them up right ? Are you greasing your cables before putting them in the liner ? I found that's probably the best thing you can do for a mechanical disc, also, using a decent lever helps. Heck I'm riding a tektro caliper right now, as a back brake :S (200mm rotor help quite a bit), yes I'm both cheap and not verry demanding of my brakes or verry hard on them. Were you using the stock pads on the Hopes ? Is your disc excessively dirty ? As for your Caliper breaking, does your adapter have a large enough base for it ?

my 203mmm ( ;) ) is fine not had a problem with it at all except the bolts came loose once on the adapter mount. Mines not the sharpest brake in the world but its still rather lovely

Can't understand how a caliper can just snap :S