Is My Rear Profile 116mm?

Trials Boy

Hi all

Im seriously thinking of ordering a 07 pitbull for xmas but i need to look more into it, my current wheel is a try all rim on profile hub, i would love to use the profile as its been my favourite wheel.

I know this is by far a hard question but could anyone tell me if this was 116mm? : :unsure:

IPB Image

Or does anyone know of a 116mm hub? because i dont really get the idea of this whole 116mm thing...

Any help guys?

Thanks very much

:ermm:

That looks like a mtb hub by profile, capable of using 8/9 gears i think, which means it'll be 135mm spacing, although i may be wrong. To find out the exact length all you have to do is measure from one axle end to another (Y)

Edited by JonCongreve

yours is a 135, mod is 110, however with snail cams either side equates too around 116.

personally i think this new idea is a load of bollocks and wont m,make any difference to the ride of the frame anyway.

just couldnt think of anything else to change so he altered something unecassary

yours is a 135, mod is 110, however with snail cams either side equates too around 116.

personally i think this new idea is a load of bollocks and wont m,make any difference to the ride of the frame anyway.

just couldnt think of anything else to change so he altered something unecassary

So my hub will fit then?

yeah but with my 24 seven, horizontal dropouts are soo easier to get the chain tightened, and IMO looks better than fiddling about with a tensioner.

What 24seven do you have? If its the Holroyd then the hub must be a 110mm spacing, so will fit no problem atall, But if its any other 24seven frame, then it will be 135mm and wont fit. If its 135 then just get a normal pitbull and a tensioner, rather than the mod one, it will be alot cheeper than a new hub and wheelbuild.

The deal with 116mm spacing as explained above is so that you can run a 110mm hub, with a 3mm snail cam on each side without having to flex the stays apart. If you don't wan't snailcams just wack 3mm of washers on there.

Is that picture of your profile in your frame or just an example? because that looks like a 135mm 9-speed hub in vertical dropouts.

There are quite a few pros and cons for these new frames after researching them that is. I rather like the idea.

No tensioner

Side hop to the right still

Use of your old mod hub

Something a little different to ride, geometry wise

What 24seven do you have? If its the Holroyd then the hub must be a 110mm spacing, so will fit no problem atall, But if its any other 24seven frame, then it will be 135mm and wont fit. If its 135 then just get a normal pitbull and a tensioner, rather than the mod one, it will be alot cheeper than a new hub and wheelbuild.

The deal with 116mm spacing as explained above is so that you can run a 110mm hub, with a 3mm snail cam on each side without having to flex the stays apart. If you don't wan't snailcams just wack 3mm of washers on there.

Is that picture of your profile in your frame or just an example? because that looks like a 135mm 9-speed hub in vertical dropouts.

Yes that is my hub in my giant.

Edited by Trials Boy

Ah, OK, sorry, from one of your other posts I thought you were riding a 24seven for trials, as you're riding a Giant with that hub, then sorry, but that looks like its a 135mm spaced 9speed hub. I know what you mean about horizontals being much nicer and neeter, I'm getting my Iolo with horizontals on it soon for exactly the same reason.

Ah, OK, sorry, from one of your other posts I thought you were riding a 24seven for trials, as you're riding a Giant with that hub, then sorry, but that looks like its a 135mm spaced 9speed hub. I know what you mean about horizontals being much nicer and neeter, I'm getting my Iolo with horizontals on it soon for exactly the same reason.

Are you having 116mm spaced drop outs?

What hub will you be using?