Download Method For Youtube

Zordon

As I have noticed by far, lots of people would like to download streamed vids not having to watch them from website only.

So here is a solution:

For Firefox users:

1. Go here.

2. Download and install the firefox extension.

3. Restart your browser.

4. On the bottom right you should see a new icon. Click on it when you are on a youtube (or any other with streamed video) website. You should get then at least one link (called "Download line") allowing you to download the vid. Click on it. Remember to change the file extension to *.flv and click save.

5. That's it. Well done. You have just downloaded streamed vid on your computer. If it don't work I recommend to instal K-Lite Codec Pack or VLC Player.

For the rest:

1. Install Firefox :P

2. If you don't want to install the Firefox though, go here.

3. Paste there a link to youtube page containing a streamed vid (or any other with streamed video).

4. You should get then at least one link (called "Download line") allowing you to download the vid. Click on it. Remember to change the file extension to *.flv and click save.

5. That's it. Well done. You have just downloaded streamed vid on your computer. If it don't work I recommend to instal K-Lite Codec Pack or VLC Player.

I think it would be a good idea to make this topic a sticky so posts like "crap hosting, can't download" won't be appearing anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Linux users will probably find the following script useful. When you run the script it prompts for the URL of the video you wish to download and asks what you want it called, it then downloads the video, re-encodes it to mpg and saves it in a directory called YouTube in your home directory. This helps get around the issue with sound lag which people without Flash 9 (i.e. all Linux users) experience. It relies on you having ffmpeg installed (you probably do). I should point out, I didn't write this, but I've found it rather useful.

#!/bin/bash
bu="http://youtube.com/get_video.php?";mkdir -p ~/YouTube;cd ~/YouTube;read -p "
YouTube url? " ur;read -p "Name? " nv
wget ${ur} -O /tmp/y1;uf=${bu}`grep player2.swf /tmp/y1 | cut -d? -f2 | cut -d\"
 -f1`;wget "${uf}" -O /tmp/y.flv
ffmpeg -i /tmp/y.flv -ab 56 -ar 22050 -b 500 -s 320x240 ${nv}.mpg;rm /tmp/y.flv;
 rm /tmp/y1;rm gmon.out; exit

• 3 weeks later...

Can some kind person send me this video in quicktime format so i can put it on my phone? :ermm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN-7-ztz97E

I think there is a special video converter you need to be able to do it. I tried converting an .flv into the 3gp, but it needs a different video converter programme to do it, than the one i have got. And all the converters that are meant for .flv (the format they are downloaded from youtube).

So if anyone could point me in the direction of a video converter for this video type, that works, it would be appreciated.

Thank's for the help guys. (Y) Ive managed to put that video on my phone...But when i want to get another off youtube and click on that icon at the bottom right of the screen,I get this now. :(

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: youtube_get() in /home/.decca/javimoya/videodownloader.net/vd/test.php on line 56

Is it some sort of update of something?

• 2 months later...

A tip for Mac users:

Open a streamed video and let it run in you foremost window in Safari. Hit Apple, Alt+A (thanks Tomm!) to get the activity window open, then double click the video in the activity window(usually the largest file). The file will start to download, and leave an icon on the desktop called "get_video". Then, go get iSquint (freeware), open it, drag and drop "get_video" onto it, click go, and hey presto- an mp4 of the video ;)

Edited by Lunja

A tip for Mac users:

Open a streamed video and let it run in you foremost window in Safari. Hit Apple+A to get the activity window open, then double click the video in the activity window(usually the largest file). The file will start to download, and leave an icon on the desktop called "get_video". Then, go get iSquint (freeware), open it, drag and drop "get_video" onto it, click go, and hey presto- an mp4 of the video ;)

Haha awesome, I didn't know that. Cheers.

Although the activity window is cmd+alt+A on my mac - perhaps because this is the English version? (Cmd+A = select all)

• 4 months later...
Does anyone know how to download stuff from Myspace's standalone player?

Cheers

Rich

yeh boii!!!!

just type in url for the myspace page, wait a few seconds and links will appear

doesn't work with ie because it sucks!

enjoy

Linkage

Edited by threesixty

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a method to download from dailymotion.com, which is used by "photo-by-sergio".

Here is the list of the videos uploaded by "photo-by-sergio":

http://www.dailymotion.com/photobysergio

1. Select the video you want to download.

2. Copy the link to the vid to the website shown below:

http://keepvid.com/ (probably you will have to choose "dailymotion" option)

3. Copy the download link to a new browser window and open it, your browser will ask you where to save the file.

4. Rename as you wish ("Vincent Hermance - Street à Paris.flv" looks better than "4541111.flv", doesn't it?).

5. Enjoy!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've saved videos from youtube for a long time, you simply watch the video and then check the url and go to the "temporary internet files" folder and sort by filesize and the movie clips will get in the top and there you find it. Rename it and add the file ending .flv

• 3 weeks later...
<a href="http://www.vixy.net" target="_blank">http://www.vixy.net</a>

Best website for robbing youtube videos.

Converts the video and then gives you a download link. Score!

If this works, I'll have sex with you.

I lost my Zona vid in the big Mueley comp wipe shitter. And all the original files.

I want to do a best of muel vid, i've got some mint ass shizz now.