Disc On My Fork?

Sammmmy

Hey,

It might be a dumb question but I can't seem to find my fork on the internet, that's why I'm asking here..

Is my fork suitable for a disc?

If you look closely you can see a 2nd hole in my fork.. (2nd pic)

Sorry for not taking of my wheel, it's a bit in the way..

IPB Image

IPB Image

The first one thats part of the drop-out is indeed for oldschool mudguards, the other hole in the inside of the forks actual leg is to let the pressure out while weding the forks, so that when the air inside heats up due to the welding porcess it doesn't blow out the weld as its cooling, I think, something like that anyway, its to do with the welding.

Stick with the magura. They´re much better IMO ;)

On the front depending on what disc you have, disc is generally better. Ive got maggies, but cant wait to get my mono on the front! :D

EDIT: Also if your going to get some new forks, id sand them ones down and respray them to sell :ermm:

Edited by Grizzly

Damn (N) But hell, they function ok at the moment..

I'm thinking of getting Echo Lite '07 fork with the hope mono trial 160 mm disc or maybe the avid ones.. I can't decide :S

when I've had my birthday :) I hope!

Edited by Sammmmy

The first one thats part of the drop-out is indeed for oldschool mudguards, the other hole in the inside of the forks actual leg is to let the pressure out while weding the forks, so that when the air inside heats up due to the welding porcess it doesn't blow out the weld as its cooling, I think, something like that anyway, its to do with the welding.

arrghhh! Thanks for that mate, ive been wondering what they are ever since I saw it. I was really confused :S

~Matty (Y)

get new forks with disc mounts and you'll have to get a disc hub aswell :( and a rebuild to go with it.

lot of mucking around, but if you've got the money and patience then i guess its worth it.

Yeah, I've made a setup on this thread, can you check it out and tell me what to change/the costs (Inlcuding the new wheel I guess, + shipping Belgium :S)?

Edit: The thread :) :Setup

Thanks,

Sam

Edited by Sammmmy

I think, THINK, that they are for old school mud guards

Correct guys! The 1st hole is a Mud Guard mount, dropout on them forks is a std dropout for hi-ten steal forks all wheel sizes, OEM std build out in Thialand or China!

2nd hole is a gas vent and also a building jig mount! A pin sits inside there and just holds the leg down and as it's weleds (TIG'd) the hot air and gases can escape or forks go boom or are weak and shite...check anything Pashly. Still non drilled tubing...tut tut

you probs could get disc mount fitted to them but you'll need the mount, someone to fit it, repspray so might as well buy some alloy disc forks, feel much nicer!

Yeah, I've made a setup on this thread, can you check it out and tell me what to change/the costs (Inlcuding the new wheel I guess, + shipping Belgium :S)?

Edit: The thread :) :Setup

Thanks,

Sam

im not sure how much shipping is, but for the wheel ( ready built) it will be approx. £98.

fork £70

avid bb7 disk brake £55

total (minus shipping) = £223

so it could cost you about £230 with shipping.

Edited by ted