Easton Bars's

RicH_87

Don't think there's any reason why you wouldn't, I nearly bought some monkey light carbons second hand for my koxx when I was riding it. Just get the low rise ones, because you have to lean them forwards loads, so the high-rise ones just end up going forwards not up.

Think I'm on my 3rd or 4th set of Easton's between bikes, there sweet bars, never had a problem with any. But I find that for the sweep to feel rite you have to lean them forward like 20deg for jump/DH, or like 45deg for trials. I'm guna be running high-rise ones on my 24" but there lent really far forwards so its like having a 20mm longer stem. The mid-rise might be alright, but there still gunna go forwards a good 10mm, I'd just stick with low rise, there practically flat, but have a much nicer feel/sweep than any flat bars I've tried.

I ran EA70's in mid rise with a Zoo stem on my bike for quite a long time a couple of years ago. You do have to tilt them forwards to get a nicer sweep like has already been suggested.

I have now gone back to Echo flat bars (Cut down to a sensible width of about 27" though!) because they have more sweep which I prefer. I also changed to an Echo mod stem which is a bit higher so I didnt change the bar height that much.

I would experiment and put the Easton's back on the mod but they now live on my XC bike.

k guys thanks.

I am maybe thinking of going with the EA50's? so that if they suck i haven't wasted 50 quid...

are they majorly different to the EA70's in terms of shape? i understand they will be weaker but i can't see myself snapping bars anytime soon...

just want something different to the usual zoo/pazzaz risers, and i really don't want flat bars.

Hey dude!

Getting a new mod then  ..cool! I take by that you are setting it up quite streety because you want risers. I have EA50 in the 2” rise and Boon has the EA70s and I can’t tell the difference, the EA70s are an inch wide but that’s it really.

You need to talk to that guy off 26twenty.com who run azonics on his mod, he has his lent pretty far back for what I remember!

Get your magura down the steerer tube too, tailwhips ahoy !!!!

You need to talk to that guy off 26twenty.com who run azonics on his mod, he has his lent pretty far back for what I remember!

Get your magura down the steerer tube too, tailwhips ahoy !!!!

ahh, azonics? i was watching some of his videos yesterday to see what he ran and just assumed they were montys.

Seriously thinking about going with the montys at the moment, but just can't decide. I'll see how the thing rides when it gets here then decide.

As for the maggie, i'm considering running a Vee, so i'll see bout that...