Wobbling Cranks

Andrex

heres a quick diy bodge if your cranks a rounded

cut up and old plasic bottle and snip them in to slides and put them in side the square tapers of your cranks and whack the cranks back on and do the bolt up

it will hold very tight and will last about a month

have done it before and can keep you riding till you can get new cranks

Edited by maxxis26

My t-master crank is doing it and I carnet find out what it is, I have taken it all apart and there doesn’t seem to be anything amateur with it. It is like a multi spine bb. When I put a lot of weight on it, it jolts like 1milimeter. Any body know what it may be?

luke

the way around it is to take an 8 mil spanner out with you and then if they come loose then you can tighten them up.

also, its a good idea to check that all of your threaded parts are nice and tight before you ride every day and if need be add a bit of lock tite to keep them secure.

max...

It could be your bottom bracket mate, i would go and get a decent new one. Is it the axel

that is wobbling, if it is i would definetly get a new bottom bracket. If its your crank that is rounded

i tryed all sorts of materials, to put in but the crank eats it! (not literally!) I know a few people that

have put coke can in, and i have put copper in, i have done this as copper is softer than aluminium

and won't damage it further... :unsure: