Mozilla Fire Fox

TomN

Hi right on pc i could open new tabs by just clicking my scroll button but on my laptop at moment when i click withmy scroll button it just wont open a new tab and just comes up with a magnifing glass icon if i want to zoom in or not. Does anyone know how i can set up my scroll button to open new tabs? I've tried googling thee answer but no luck.

I don't know how to change the key functions in firefox but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that i reckon the reason why it worked on your mouse like that on your desktop is because you had it set up to do that in your mouse configuration settings rather than in firefox, i know my mouse has a couple of button either side which i've set to go back and forwards through webpages and i can change the function of the scrollwheel as well. Have a look in the control panel in XP and try changing the cursor set up in there.

I reckon, depending on how hard you googled for it, if you didnt find anything, it can't really be done.

I know exactly what you mean - the middle mouse button (Button 3) opens stuff in a new tab. Are you using a mouse with your laptop? If so, perhaps you've got an old version of firefox installed? Or sometimes mouse drivers can be a bit funny, have a play in control panel.

I know exactly what you mean - the middle mouse button (Button 3) opens stuff in a new tab. Are you using a mouse with your laptop? If so, perhaps you've got an old version of firefox installed? Or sometimes mouse drivers can be a bit funny, have a play in control panel.

Yeah I mean the middle button. Yeah its a mouse i bought seperate. I've try looking for new update using firefox tools/option bit but says there isn't any update yet.

K i'll have a play around cheers lads.