Mobile Phone Reviews / Help

GlynnP

Hey,

I am just about to upgrade my mobile as the contract is coming to an end.

As technology to growing at a fast rate i am well aware that mobiles can often have a lot packed into them and can often go wrong.

This is why i am making this thread to get some feedback about the phones mentioned from real people that have hopefully used them.

1: Sony Ericsson W850i

IPB Image

2: LG U400

IPB Image

3: Sony Ericsson K800i

IPB Image

If you have used any of these phones please help me out by leaving your feedback about the phone, including;

-Usability

-Design

-Camera

-Features

Finally if you have used the phone for a while/long time please mention any problems you have encountered e.g;

-Software faults

-Hardware faults

-Manufacture faults

Thank You

Glynn

I just got the Nokia 6233 and it's ment to be Nokia rival to the Sony Ericsson K800i.

It's like a Nokia 6233/i, but like has a rocket up it's ass. Bloody fast, got a 2gb micro SD card in there now, new theams and firwear update all as my own perosnal option and wow. Amazing phone, so many cool features, differnt theams and menus can be onloaded. I got 2000 txt's so far just in my inbox.

This compeared to my 8800 and 8800 SE rocks. I would happerly ditch the 8800/SE for it any day. Well fact is i have.

I have hered of many of the Sony Ericsson K800i's dieing in only a month form being bought. Aprrantly it;s a known fault

K800i

Ive had mine for a few months now. Ive had no problems with it except i cant see my screen that well with all the scratchs. The camra is ace ! Takes the pics alot quicker than any other camra phone ive used!

On the down side it doesnt have a a light built in like the old ones did. Also sony being sony dont supply a memory card ! :angry:

Another k800i vote, although the LG phone looks nice, the k800i is a superb piece of kit. The camera is clear, easy to use and takes great pictures... its possible to forget its a phone when you have it sideways like a digital camera. The menu's are sensible and easy to use and things seem to be in a logical place. Its also pretty robust, been dropped a few times and not been affected in the slightest. Not the smallest phone in the world but if your gonna complain about the size of it your obviously not manly enough and need some more muscles/bigger hands.

pete nokias rival is the n73. and the problems have mainly been with vodaphone k800i's because they change the phone slightly on vodaphone and its making them crash

Nope it's not. The 6233 has all the same features and layout pretty much of it. If you go and check out some mobile phone review and forums you'll soon find out! Vodaphone admiterdly change any phone the most from manafacture than anyhting but T-mobile are the same, 02 and orange are the only ones which work.

Also Vodaphone change the firmwear big time

Thanks for all your great help it been great.

As i thought the K800i has been a popular choice as i think its been around slightly longer and its an amazing phone.

What about the Samsung D900? :)

Yer Nick the D900 would be a fantastic choice, but i have 1 main reason for not getting it.

I am getting a contract on 3 who dont do the D900. ( choicing 3 because they are cheap :) )

My brother has it thought and its a great phone.

Ok just on an update this is the reasons for chossing these phone these are the deals 3 gave me when i rang up for my upgrade.

Sony Ericsson W850i - £30 a month , 12 month contract , 6 months half price, free 1GB Card

LG U400 - £30 a month , 12 month contract, 10 months half price.

3: Sony Ericsson K800i - £30 a month, 12 month contract, 7 months half price.

This is the main reason i am pushes towards the W850i because it has the shortest half price but it does come with the free 1GB card. Also the LG U400 is apealing because of the 10 month half price line rental.

I am not overal bothered by the camera quality because i have a fuji S7000 to take photos with so i dont need great quality maybe just an alright camera to capture those funny times.

So if any 1 has used or used a mates LG U400i or the Sony Ericsson W850i please let me know as i know that the older LG's were shocking and always going wrong, but i am comfortable that the Sony Ericsson W850i will have great build quality.

Thanks Glynn

Edit: Essay Over :)

Edited by RealRiding

Also people with the K800i how long have you used it 1 month , 2 weeks how long. Only reason i ask is that my brother had the old Sony Ericsson cabt remeber the model was the first 1 with suto focus, but after about 6 months or so the joystick started to play up due to being used alot and i know this is a comon problem on alot of joy stick phones.

Once again thanks (Y)

Nope it's not. The 6233 has all the same features and layout pretty much of it. If you go and check out some mobile phone review and forums you'll soon find out! Vodaphone admiterdly change any phone the most from manafacture than anyhting but T-mobile are the same, 02 and orange are the only ones which work.

Also Vodaphone change the firmwear big time

i did, thats where i found that out. the k800, n73 and d900 all have basically all the same functions, all with 3mp camera etc. they are also pretty much the same price. my t mobile phone works fine, the problem had been with the vodaphone phones according to 5 or so different forums i looked on before deciding on which phone to get.