Bash Rings?

I-LUV-TRIALS

thought you could only get bash plates on mods?

if your getting a bash ring got for an echo i here there quite good, if your using a 22 tooth chain ring try a dmr ring thing, solid steel , you wont smash that!

i use middle burns myself and never had and problems with them

I've got a Echo lite which comes with a bash already. I then bought some second hand cranks which had a rock ring on. So i was running both but decided to take the bash off. Now it's just a rock ring thats there.

There is a little more protection with the rock ring as i side hop to the right. So no touching the sprocket there.

Although pros and cons to both i believe either is a personal preference. I don't mind as they both can look cool.

Running neither would also help as you would have to ride UCI style.

thought you could only get bash plates on mods?

if your getting a bash ring got for an echo i here there quite good, if your using a 22 tooth chain ring try a dmr ring thing, solid steel , you wont smash that!

i use middle burns myself and never had and problems with them

?? i ride a mod???

and i am runnig a front freewheel

Edited by I-LUV-TRIALS

?? i ride a mod???

and i am runnig a front freewheel

It doesn't matter to much to what you are running. As long as it's 18t. To run a bash ring then you would have to remove the freewheel before putting your new ( echo? (Y) ) bash ring on.

If you got a guard why not keep using that? What do you not like about it?

It doesn't matter to much to what you are running. As long as it's 18t. To run a bash ring then you would have to remove the freewheel before putting your new ( echo? (Y) ) bash ring on.

If you got a guard why not keep using that? What do you not like about it?

it keeps snapping and bending which is a pain plus i cant ride in jeans because i keep getting them stuck in the chain.

it keeps snapping and bending which is a pain plus i cant ride in jeans because i keep getting them stuck in the chain.

Fair point. Although if you are landing on it that hard for it to 'keep snapping' then i don't think your bottom bracket will live very long either. Maybe go a bit a lighter.

I'm not sure on what bash ring you should run now if you use it that heavily. Maybe ring tartybikes and see what they recommend. As a UCI on proberly won't do the job.

Fair point. Although if you are landing on it that hard for it to 'keep snapping' then i don't think your bottom bracket will live very long either. Maybe go a bit a lighter.

I'm not sure on what bash ring you should run now if you use it that heavily. Maybe ring tartybikes and see what they recommend. As a UCI on proberly won't do the job.

it keeps snapping from constant impact its slowly bending till it cracks then snaps. (N)

how about not going to bash as much/at all? instead of f**king up walls etc? how the f**k do you snap bashplates :huh: i used to be an absolute whore for going to bash and i never even cracked mine (i'm 14st so thats prety good going lol) if your gonna go for a bashring get a 74kings there awesome

how about not going to bash as much/at all? instead of f**king up walls etc? how the f**k do you snap bashplates :huh: i used to be an absolute whore for going to bash and i never even cracked mine (i'm 14st so thats prety good going lol) if your gonna go for a bashring get a 74kings there awesome

i dunno im learning to get up things using my bash plate and im only 1 stone lighter than you.

I'm running a bashplate and ring at the moment and it gives me more security. what chainring size r u running? The all-in-one crank/ring off of the onza T-bird is all I can suggest. they take 24t rings.

im running tensile uci cranks with and 18t acs claws freewheel