Snapped Mech Hanger Running A Pro2?

White Ranger

Hi Guys,

Riding Oxford yesterday bunny hopped onto a curb followed by a stoppie and yes went over the bars! :- (managed to jump clear of bike so no pain involved!) but the bike twisted underneath me and came down heavily onto the rear mech... Didn't snap it but when bending it back it did... :angry:

Anyway, went to this bike shop called BikeZone or something like that by the covered market (absolute rubbish they are!) they said "Yeah, thats a special mech hanger. Might have to phone saracen to get them to order you one..."

It was one of those moments where you want to say "yeah mate!? come back when you know about bikes" but i refrained from that & left knowing we'd make it work somehow... :shifty:

Anyway, went to a hardware store & got a big bolt. (same size as the Hope Pro 2 ones) took the mech hanger off and took out the bolt from the Pro2, put the screw through the mech then into the Pro2 and tightened it up, looks nice, less to hit and i'm sure ten times stronger...

Hope this helps people? ... lol .... ^_^

Get it? Hope this helps.... Ahhh pure class! :D