Ftp Programs

MikeCottTrials

Just wondering what ftp programs you guys all use to upload stuff, because im having trouble finding one that doesnt look like a load of bullshit. If you know of one thats super user friendly it would be great if you could point me in that direction because i have no idea what im doing. Or it would be cool and the gang if you could condense an ftp lesson into a paragraph of writing (Y)

Just wondering what ftp programs you guys all use to upload stuff, because im having trouble finding one that doesnt look like a load of bullshit. If you know of one thats super user friendly it would be great if you could point me in that direction because i have no idea what im doing. Or it would be cool and the gang if you could condense an ftp lesson into a paragraph of writing (Y)

Press windows key+r and type iexplore then press enter.

type the address of the ftp server. don't forget ftp://

if you need to log in, click ok to any error and press file--> log in as

If you need download resumes etc, get a better program. the one i used to use was called ftpx (ftp explorer). Did the job and was free.

IE does the job for me though, anything more is overkill except if you're (down/up)loading gigs

I use Flash fxp, its a very easy program to use but its only available for free as a trial. The only limitation is the time you can use ir for. However after the 30 day trial period i just reinstall it. Simple.

Once Installed, open it and click quick connect, which is the gold lighting icon above the right hand pane. Then type in the address and your username and password for the site your uploading to. Then click connect and you will see any files you have already uploaded to the site come up in the right hand pane. Then on the left you browse your computer for the file you want to upload, then right click and click transfer and it will begin uploading. Then just wait and your done. (Y)

Edited by Luke Drewery

Serv-U FTP (or something like that) is good.

Yeah, and it is dead easy to use too. The free version limits you to only 1 concurrent user i think.

If you have windows xp professional though, you already have an FTP server without installing anything (IIS) Not quite as easy to use but just as good.

• 2 weeks later...

Serv-U FTP (or something like that) is good.

Thanks for the info. I used Serv-U a long time ago and it worked well. I just forgot the name. I will give it a go tonight.

I couldn't figure out the IIS stuff that comes with XP. Spent nearly 5 hours trying to figure it out one night to no avail.

Thanks for the info. I used Serv-U a long time ago and it worked well. I just forgot the name. I will give it a go tonight.

I couldn't figure out the IIS stuff that comes with XP. Spent nearly 5 hours trying to figure it out one night to no avail.

Haha admin tools-->iis-->somat like ftp

shit i don't know whatever!... another time maybe!