Winter Weather Approaching!

Abdab.

Winters approaching now and the weathers getting worse :(

I was just wondering what you thought of it and how your ridden is coping. And i cannot cope with the temperatures its freezing, its hard enough warming up and where not even in december yet!

Wouldn't mind if it was cold as long as the floor keeps dry....

Abdab

cant complain about the cold realy... yet . i just get out and ride, if im cold i wear a jacket untill im sweaty then take it off. my winter worry is my maggie not holding up well. but a grind and some koxx blues seem to be doing the trick (Y)

cant complain about the cold realy... yet . i just get out and ride, if im cold i wear a jacket untill im sweaty then take it off. my winter worry is my maggie not holding up well. but a grind and some koxx blues seem to be doing the trick

No I belive the solution is blue rock pads on a rear 07 echo rim :P

Abdab...

No I belive the solution is blue rock pads on a rear 07 echo rim :P

Abdab...

lol. since we have some difference of opinions, perhaps if you don't mind your topic being slightly hi-jacked people can post the brake rim combos and compare views on pads ect. this would eliminate the need for 10 new topics a day asking what pads to use. this is unless some things been done all ready in which case ignore my post completely.

good topic mate.

i love the cold.it makes for more of a challenge and i love riding in the rain.

cant wait till it snows :) then it will be much harder :)

max....

Yes this is true it does make it harder but it becomes too hard when playing on rails in the wet (N) However it does make more of a challange (Y)

Haha back disks suck =[

iIlove the feel of a magura its sooo much nicer :)

Rear discs dont solve the problem either, i had one but as long as its set up right i suppose there fine,pain in the bottom though :huh:

Craig.

I like maguras too! But when the rim gets wet, if where not running the right pads then its not too good :P

lol. since we have some difference of opinions, perhaps if you don't mind your topic being slightly hi-jacked people can post the brake rim combos and compare views on pads ect. this would eliminate the need for 10 new topics a day asking what pads to use. this is unless some things been done all ready in which case ignore my post completely.

Or we could make this a multi choice topic B)

My brakes are shite all year round so it's cool. As much as i don't want snow, it would be nice to have some christmas time.

And whats this about maguras freezing? surely they wont if you keep pressing the brake, moving the liquid?

if you have a water bleed and its freezing over night and youre bikes in the shed im sure the water will freeze, expand and burst you maggie

the water will freeze, expand and burst you maggie

And a hair dryer is a simple sollution for this problem ;)

Hairdryers can fix burst maggies? :P

hmm, i love the temperature now, it stops me overheating. I cant stand riding in the rain so i'm not so keen on winter (N) . Also it gets dark really early now. I only have half an hour of good light after school now :(

Edited by ted

I am running a 33 on a echo rim with a harsh grind and koxx browns and it hasnt slipped on me once. Als i have had the pads for 9 monthes and theres still plenty of meat on them. I just dont like it when my fingures go numb hard to press the break.

winter sucks!! for the following reasons ...

• its bloody freezing
  • its dark by the time i can go for a ride so i'm scared of being mugged by a chav
  • tyres slip from under you for no reason
  • cant stop in time so you run the damn grannys over

one good thing mind ,i can do mini burnouts in the frost ,yay :lol:

weathers holding beautifully down here on sunny old portland!! looking out my window now its warm ish for november sunny and cold. just been out for a blast on my dh bike in shorts and t-shirt no problems and about to head out on my trials bike! weather is suppose to be a bit worse over the weekend but hopefully will clear again!

chris