20 Or 26 Inch Bike?

andy3636

stick with 26" there harder to learn on but in the long run everything will work out better they are a whole lot easier in my opinion to hop higher but you carn't tuck them as much but they are nicer on drops an they all have got shorter stems so will probably be harder to bend them the stem is the bar which connects to the bars so i'd definetly stick witht the 26" plus you also have more choice for tyres as well and i found there more natural to ride if your tall

stick with 26" there harder to learn on but in the long run everything will work out better they are a whole lot easier in my opinion to hop higher but you carn't tuck them as much but they are nicer on drops an they all have got shorter stems so will probably be harder to bend them the stem is the bar which connects to the bars so i'd definetly stick witht the 26" plus you also have more choice for tyres as well and i found there more natural to ride if your tall

Cheers for the help im just going to see whats on the market around christmas time and the if find a good 26 inch il probs get it but if not i just go for a long mod.

ye when i was on the 26 i found it so much easier to balance and hop on also it felt so much more natural.

yay, someone with the same view as me :)

I started out on stock and i have continuously flittered between the two, mainly becauase i got alright on a mod and thought id try my hand at stock again then realised i liked mod more and went back but then gave up so its kinda long winded, But i am now getting back into riding on a mod. to be honest its personal prefferance buy i hear that mods are reffered to as "toys" load of rubbish hehe! but whatever you chose stick with it!

But yes Stock is a lot better, Mods are just uber fun!

i would use a mod to learn on and then have a ride on a stock and see what you think...

I have a mod but i have riden stocks and i would say mods are better for hopping and stocks or better for drops etc.

Also depends on your size i gues if your small like me a mod will probly be better (i have a onza t pro it seems ok, but i havernt hab it long)

Sorry, but did you say stocks have shorter stems, so it'll be harder to bend them? :huh:

Cheers for the help im just going to see whats on the market around christmas time and the if find a good 26 inch il probs get it but if not i just go for a long mod.

ye when i was on the 26 i found it so much easier to balance and hop on also it felt so much more natural.

sorry to be rude but if you had good balance and it felt so much more natural then the 20 why are you asking us what you should get it i obvious the one you feel the most natrual on. :D(Y)

i would start off ona 20" bike personally mate. they are generally cheaper and easier to go smaller on then when you progress to a further stage upgrade to a 26" bike. i really like the zoo python 20" bike matey, but this is all depending on your budget! otherwise i would have a look at a few onza 20" bikes.

I started on mod with the intention of moving to stock, but I have found that they are just to big and heavy for me to ride at the moment. but you can ride them in skateparks more easily and you can also ride about on them more easily. A good compromise would to have a go on a 24 like an onza zoot, I havn't ridden one but i have heard they are really good to learn stock stuff on. :D