Ribo Help

Balman

basically i'm after a pair of ribos but i'm lead to believe that there are different types and so on and i would like to find out witch are best or am i better off going for a different shoe altogether i would like trials shoes as i wana keep my nice trainers for best and like the idea of shoes meant for the sport with ankle protection and so on and i could use them for comps so any help would be aprecated on the nicer pair or a nicer shoe of a different brand and were i can get them from would be nice to. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks Jack. (Y)

As far as i know there's only one type. And that's the ones on tarty.

I have the silver ones, really nice to ride in, but shite to walk in.

I think the black one's on tartybikes may have been tweaked slightly, so they might be better for walking in.

shoe version 2 ;) altho i am guessing.

the 2 may be a newer model, therefore taking good points from shoe version 1 and improving the bad points from version 1.

who knows. im only guessing. Try-all with red sole the tacky soled version is much better, i prefer them for the grip to the pedals, looks and the ankle support they offer. Koxx UK (Y):) same for the SV-2 ribo's if you have to have ribo shoes.

Waynio.......................

thanks for your help were can i get sv2's then can some one give me a direct link?

thanks very much jack ^_^(Y)

Here for sv-2's

or

here for sv-1's

I've just got the sv-1's, and they are dead good. I would say they are worth the money, but £75 for ANY pair of shoes is alot of money, especially ones that you'll only use once in a while...

just a few questions:

How does the tread on the sole last. e.g. if i wear them 20ish hours a week, will they last about a year...?

Is there anyway to not get a faggoty red buckle?

What size in EU sizes is closest to a nine?

Can you get them sent away to be resoled?

I dont know how long the sole will last, hard to say lol.

Majority of SV-1's come with black buckles, if you ask for a black buckle, you'll get one (Y)

Size nine is bang in between 43 and 44. I'd go for 43 and let them bed in.

As for getting them re-soled, ive seen it done, just take them to a good shoe shop.

Hope that helps.

Stan.

thanks alot stan, nex t shoes then (Y)

Worth every penny! so bloody comfortable. I was on the size boundary and went for the lower. Have to say when i got them home i thought i had made a f**k up because it took ages to even get the thingy bit in the buckle since they were too tight. But after a couple of rides they loosened up a treat and are now pure perfection!!