Saracen 2.six

taylor1991

I would say the saracen mad 2.six is an alright riding frame, the components on it are a bit cheap but if you were able to get hold of a omplete build for under £100 then i'd get one for sure, especially if your just starting out. This way you'll ahve time to get an idea of waht sort of thing your into and about what kind of parts would suit you best, hence allowing you to upgrade it if and when you need to.

Alternatively have a look at the PHASE range of trials bikes. They are the MAD bit of saracen MAD (they used to be two companies working together till MAD split and created their own bikes) and have just/are just about to release a new range of bikes that compete with the saracens price wise, only with a better build and as far as i'm aware, a better design.

So if its a cheap under £100 job then get it, if its retail price from a shop get a PHASE bike instead.

cheers for all your replys on this thread but im getting mixed opinions on the bike. im new to trials so i wont be doing too much to break the frame. have the frames snapped because there being used by better riders or are they overall just really weak. thanks

sam (Y)

The 26" version is awesome for starting trials on!

I bought that bike in full from my local bike shop as i wasn't sure whether i could get into trials riding. Its so nice to learn on. It loves being on the back wheel and easy enough to change over bits and bobs as you progress into trials riding. I sprayed the frame and forks white and it looked sick!

i'm now riding an Echo Pure and it was a nice move from the 2.six to the echo.

Overall to start trials or learning that bike is really what you want! cheap, reliable, strong and light! what more can you ask for!? 8/10 :-(Y)B)

they are great bikes to start on. only problem is when i got mine it had rubbish V's on so i needed 2 change them and the crank sucks and the bb is to short. other than that they are great as a first bike.

sam (Y)

edit: id give it a 7/10 due to the brakes and cranks set. if they came with better cranks it would be a 8 and a half :D

Edited by the_emo_omen

as per gheto rider said they are good bikes, you do need to change some parts but its ok, i would get a different set of cranks and a new rear hub, and obviously get a rear maggie minimum!

but as it stands when you buy it i would give it a 8 out of 10 for overall value. B)

Edited by rwiley