Www.michaelsingleton.co.uk Brand New Site + Pictures

Phatmike

Hey guys.

Spent the last day or so designing my new site, plus editing more photos which haven't been released before. It's the first site I've ever designed and coded myself (which occasional hints from Simon + others - thanks!).

Would love to hear your comments and criticism about the photos and the site itself.

Michael.

www.michaelsingleton.co.uk

rearly well done i enjoyed looking at all the photos ,and the layout of the site is very simple.only one thing is that i think the preveiw of the picture before you click on it could be a bit bigger but that might just be me.

but i did expect something different when i clicked on the birds link.

liam

Hey Mike really nice site you designed there with some awsome photos.

Really like the "Victoria Square, Birmingham 2006 " photo, really good idea (Y)

Only 1 thing i would say you could improve on the website is some how keep the links on the diffrent photo pages.

Only reason is i think a good website shouldnt depend onthe user using the back button on the browser or the main page logo to go back to where they have come from.

But its a really nice design thats simple to use nice 1 (Y)

Cheers Glynn

Love it (Y) Clean and simple, easy to navigate.

The pictures are mint too :)

Agreed

Only one complaint, when clicking on images eg Neil Tunnicliffe from post box to rail, another sub window opens, but when clicking on other images a whole new window opens. Why?

Willy

Really like this. Much better than your old.

Love how everytime you refresh, the picture on the home page changes. ^_^

Maybe when you click on the image, and the larger one comes up, have a 'Next' button below, so we don't have to close that one, then open a new one?

Thanks for the comments. :)

The vertical scroll bar, and small image gap at the bottom is a problem that I'm trying to resolve, that only occurs in Internet Explorer, one of the reasons I hence reccomend Firefox!

Ben, I did look into using different coloured scroll bars, but decided against it, as it is only a feature usable in IE!

"Willy" - what's the problem? When you click an image, a new window comes up, click another image, a seperate window comes up. Something I'm missing?

Robbo, the spherical panorama you quoted is created by taking a full panorama, and using polar coordinates to convert it into a spherical one. (Y)

Mike.

f**king sweet,

bestest bit is you can see all the photos in miniture, i hate sites that make you go through endless photos when you only want to see the ones you like, or sites that just have links like "man on a bench".

really really good.

Awesome, Michael (Y) . A really good, well designed, website with stupidly easy navigation and access. Not to mention the pictures. They are f**king amazing. I like the idea of the 'Riders' page; it's sort of like the 'Hero Shots' thread.

Great all round site!!!

Cheers,

Joe.

Edited by joe b

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...