Casholini

hi everybody,

the past few years i watched a lot of trials, and only now after that years i came up with the idea to start with it myself. the only problem is i don't know what to buy.. what bikes are good to start with. etc etc i hope some of u can give me some tips. one more thing i come from the netherlands, and never seen somebody before on a trial bike so :P... hope i can get one in the netherlands otherwise i have to import one.

ty and greetz,

Casholini

Hi there. Welcome to trials-forum.

The best place to get a bike from would be tartybikes.

The guys that run it are great and its the biggest trials shop in the UK so they have loads to choose from.

To start off with the best option you have is to get a Onza t- rex spec 1,these bikes are great value and ideal for beginners.It costs £499 British pounds.

Also ask them to put a 'grind' on your rims (which is £2 extra per rim)

the grind will help your brakes hold in the wet weather.Also get some good brake pads.

links:

bike

brake pads

There are different ways of ordering. You could give them a call and order by credit or debit card

order online

send a cheque

etc.

all of the needed details are on the site.Feel free to call them! they can help with anything.

Good luck with trials mate

Max...

Welcome , fellow Dutch rider . You picked the best forum , but the worst country for your new hobby . Holland has one or two trials shops but as advised above , Tartybikes are generally considered the best out there .

Whereabouts in Holland are you from ? Either way , this forum will gladly help with any questions you may have

and offer you helpful / informative / funny / idiotic advoce . :)

@max: thanks for all the info , but it's a bit expensive.. but i'll work a lot so i should be able to get it in about 1 or 2 months but if there are any more options i want to know those to.

@Endohopper: i'm from a city near rotterdam. and this is the first forum where i come so :P.. if it's the best i probably going to stay here hahal

@karl: i don't know yet how much i want to spend on it, but i think it's better to buy a better bike at once. otherwise i can buy a new one in a few years and spend much more on it.

Big wheels are 26 inch and small wheels are 20 inch , they are the 2 main classes of competition . Many people learn or begin on a 20 inch ( called a mod ) , whereas a 26 ( called a stock bike ) is just way cooler :P .

A wiser member will now explain the benefits / drawbacks of both types ...

Big wheels are 26 inch and small wheels are 20 inch , they are the 2 main classes of competition . Many people learn or begin on a 20 inch ( called a mod ) , whereas a 26 ( called a stock bike ) is just way cooler :P .

A wiser member will now explain the benefits / drawbacks of both types ...

i also asked in the "random questions"topic and they explained it for me... but i think the 20"looks way cooler than the 26" yes not only on pics but alson in the movies hehe... i got till Jan15 to choose :P... so got enough time i think.. so where are u from?

welcome :)

another dutch rider here

i'm sure you'll fit right in here

i don't know what your willing to spend on a bike, but i happend to know someone who is selling one quite cheap with a nice spec

dealing isn't allowed here though, so add me on msn or send me a pm if you want some more info or just want to ask some questions or have a chat

martino_van_kordelaar@hotmail.com

and don't listen to endohopper, 20'' is way cooler :-

have fun here dude :turned:

welcome :)

another dutch rider here

i'm sure you'll fit right in here

i don't know what your willing to spend on a bike, but i happend to know someone who is selling one quite cheap with a nice spec

dealing isn't allowed here though, so add me on msn or send me a pm if you want some more info or just want to ask some questions or have a chat

martino_van_kordelaar@hotmail.com

have fun here dude :turned:

i add u to msn ty.

and how much want to spend .. i think 400£ / 600€ max to start with :). so if somebody knows something for that price please post a link to a site where i can read more about it :). and i think i want to go for 20" .

So new to the sport and already making bad decisions , you are being turned to the dark side .

Kidding , 20" seems to be ideal for learning on and are in the majority in the Dutch scene . Meteor , I was glad to meet you , you're becoming a VERY talented rider .

So new to the sport and already making bad decisions , you are being turned to the dark side .

Kidding , 20" seems to be ideal for learning on and are in the majority in the Dutch scene . Meteor , I was glad to meet you , you're becoming a VERY talented rider .

and how long did it take for u guys to learn the basic of trials?? because the only bik i've bin on is just a normal bike where i did go to my work hehe.

Meteor , I was glad to meet you , you're becoming a VERY talented rider .

wow thanks alot dude :D

i know i was a bit quiet during the ride in leiden but o well

anyway casholini, i didnt get an invitation on msn so i guess you made a spelling error or i'm just impatient :P

heres my email again: martino_van_kordelaar@hotmail.com