The Evolution Of Trials

maxxis26

Well i think a new mod bike should be designed with a disc brake either side of each wheel, so you have 4 disc brakes in total.

Just need a new designed hub, extra mount on the other side of the forks & frame a brake for each side of the rim and use a two monty splitter's to split the one hose to each caliper.SORTED

(if it hasn't already been done) :unsure:

Then the bikes would have serious stopping power for those huge rail gaps for example

only mods? how would you pedal it if theres a disk on either side :rolleyes:

How about this for the level in trials. A FIXED FREEWHEEL ON 2OIN MOD WITH NO BRAKES! Maybe someone could design/build a freewheel with some kinda gear/cable attachment enabling the rider to switch from freewheel to fixedwheel. imagine the possiblities. ok, ok it will feel weird to ride at first, but who knows, someone might try it. another idea is for a 20in mod rider using a bmx freecoaster if the pick up was good enough for trials use. though cant think what benefit running one would have except to roll backwards without pedalling.

Edited by Rusevelt

i reckon you will get trials competitions where you get marked on style and tricks as well as completeing the course, kind of like the slopestyle scene but trials not jumps, start seeing barspin drops due to the use of hydraulic gyros and things. i think that would be pretty cool to watch, would probably get a lot more people interested.