Worth Buying This Cheap Bike Then Putting Other Brakes On?

Anjow

I'm new to trials and I've been wanting a bike for a while now. However, I've only got around £350. I was thinking I might buy an Onza T-Bird 2007 from trialsshop.co.uk (linking to it doesn't work right) for £299 then add these brakes to the back. I don't know much anything about the differences between HS11, HS11 Evo II and HS33, I just know I don't have more than £350.

So, my questions:

- Do you think this is a good idea? If not, can you recommend something better for under £350?

- Will upgrading the brakes make much of a difference?

- What tools would I need to fit them? Is there anything else I should know about fitting them? I've never worked with any hydraulic brakes before.

- Will trying to ride to uni (~15 minute walk) on this bike make me die?

Thanks.

I would say get a t-bird from tartybikes which are 300 squids and get some decent v-brake pads like heatsinks on a grind and you should be fine, it will save you money and you will still have a good brake. Also the t-bird uses a 19 inch back wheel which will give you a bigger selection of after market rims.

edit: t-bird are going to be 350 not 300 this year. i would still say get one and get pads like i said above. or maybe just get a 2nd hand bike theres plenty out there that are decent.

Edited by andy h