Sidehops

Alex.loves.boys

i had this problem alex, after moving from mod to stock and being left footed i broke a few hangers, but i got myself a mech saver and it works a treat, i can sidehop it like a mod, land right on it and nothing happens , well worth the £12 (Y)

i had this problem alex, after moving from mod to stock and being left footed i broke a few hangers, but i got myself a mech saver and it works a treat, i can sidehop it like a mod, land right on it and nothing happens , well worth the £12 (Y)

Cant use that as i run a pro 2

and also

that doesnt save my mech only my hanger.

i need something to svae my mech and my hanger,

grr

stupid sotck

Edited by alext

Have a look at the really simple tensioners like the Gussets, they take most knocks, and normaly just move, so you move it back. Also you could get a Steel mech hanger, think Iolo will make em for about £15, that way even if you did hit it, the worst it would do is probably push the tensioner up, so just put it back and try again.

i side hop to the left when im left footed :S am i just weird then ? get a steel tensioner or get a rohlhoff (s.p) and run it so its tensioning upwards that might help.

No

lol

Tunnis left foward and sidehops to the left.

I can go both ways,

But prefer to go the right, as i cna get allot closer, and it feels a bit nicer.

But thats ME.

im goign to take some links outta my chain to bring my mech up and try land at more of an angle.

Ill report back :P

Ill also try going to the left..

http://www.observedtrials.net/album/showph...amp;ppuser=2924

I will never go back to a der/hanger.

It is a few pieces of spring metal that I found in the trash at home-depot bent so that there is tension. On the end is a nylon slide in a U shape that I glued together from peices I had laying around, it is glued to the metal. Now, instead of using a fat U-bolt to hold it to the frame I just use electrical tape, looks much cleaner.

does that really work james B?? looks really dodge..!

i've made one that bolts onto my wheel bolt like 26" (bit more out of the way)...but i really want to see the tensioner that ben travis used to have (and Tom Rigg)..where is was mounted along the chainstay...anyone have that pic?

cheers,

adam

does that really work james B?? looks really dodge..!

i've made one that bolts onto my wheel bolt like 26" (bit more out of the way)...but i really want to see the tensioner that ben travis used to have (and Tom Rigg)..where is was mounted along the chainstay...anyone have that pic?

cheers,

adam

Toms mking me a tensioer.

Can't wait. :D

although for now, ive moved my mech right up to my chain stay and im sidehopping at more of an angle, seems to be working. (Y)