Worried About New T-mag

CrOcKeR

i've ridden my new tmag to day for the 1st time and now the rear wheel feels wobely and loose. is this normal or should i get it checked out?

but its a nice bike all in all really pleased with the gift :D

yeh thanks for any help you can give

mike

hi

try and tighten your cones there in the middle of your frame and your wheel there are too one on each side try and tighten them if it still wobbles take your wheel off and have a proper look check your axle check your cones it will be allot easier to tighten them up when your wheels off and if you do all that and it still wobbles take it back to the place you brought it from and tell them whats up with it and hopefully they should fix it for free but it shouldn't be anything bad as your bike is new and every thing has too bed it but when stuff does get loose make sure u tighten every thing (bb/freewheel/back wheel/front wheel/ect...)

hope this has helped you with your question

thanks sam (Y):D

Edited by trials 123

it's not normally a problem unless your a fanny (like me) and tighten the fook out of them so your hub locks up and you can't undo them :P if you unsure which bit your mean to be tightening:

[attachmentid=8949]

your looking to tighten the bits in red boxes

Get a 17mm spanner, and undo the nuts just infront of the cones. (shown in pic above)

Then just do up the cones by hand, and the with a cone spanner (thin 15mm spanner) hold the cone, as you do up the 17mm nut.

This will hold the cone in place, and will stop it tightening with the 17mm nut. (Y)

I think your headset is loose. loosen the stem cap disc which is at the bottom of your stem where it attacthes to your headset and then loosen the 2 or 4 bolts holding your stem to the bike. Now tighten the disc agen so it clamps the stem down, and then tighten the 2 or 4 bolts on the side of the stem you loosended and it should be fine! Unless you hear a knocking noise (N)

the wiggly forks is indeed your headset coming loose - it'll happen a couple of times when it's new, just tighten up as per the above instructions

rear hub is definitely open bearing - basically you have these cone shaped nuts that screw along the axle and kep the bearings in the hub, they come undone by themselves so you have to tighten them up occasionally. do what dan6061 said - it'll take a while to get the right balance of spinnyness and tightness but you'll figure it out.