Pashley Type Forks With A Disk Mount?

abtrials

They're quite heavy forks - if you want lighter ones, ask Clive Leeson to weld on a disc mount to some Pashleys.

Mine have lasted quite a bit of abuse, but I think the leg is cracking above the mount now.

Jon

yea that's cool but if you dont have pashley's already, the identity ones will be a lot cheaper than the method above.

also what is the weight difference, cant be much a?

pashleys are like 900g arent they?

the tuning forks are 1200g

so how much is a welded disk mount going to weigh? bout 100g??? (guesstimate)

well 200g ent alot realy on a street bike is it, and i guess that +200 means thay are a bit stronger as well a?

so £49 for a set of forks, ready to use

or £50 for pashley forks + postage to and from leeson, disk mount + labour and a week or so wait.

seams a bit to much hastle/extra money to save 200g's

what you think :blink:

Apart from if you take away the wieght of the original canti mounts, and then add on the disc mount, you've only added on about 30g. Plus you can buy the pashley's direct from Clive so you don't need to get them elsewhere and send them to him. And of course, they might be a little more expensive, but the Leeson garauntee if they break kind of makes up for that.

But, meh, good find.

Rich

Apart from if you take away the wieght of the original canti mounts, and then add on the disc mount, you've only added on about 30g. Plus you can buy the pashley's direct from Clive so you don't need to get them elsewhere and send them to him. And of course, they might be a little more expensive, but the Leeson garauntee if they break kind of makes up for that.

But, meh, good find.

Rich

cool, you could remove the mounts from the identity ones as well, but hey.

if you got the extra dollar go for the leeson idea, if not identity just as good realy.

i think the identity ones look a bit beefyer and nicer in my opinion. but hey

i was only making anyone interested aware.

i wont be getting some, chears for you help any way pep's (Y)

Edited by rwiley