Brakes

t-liteboy

front hydro disk maggy on back as it is more possible that your cable on the vee will snap than somethign happen to the maggy

never EVER seen a cable snap from braking force!! I think its much more likley for a maggie hose to split or come off a barb than a cable to snap!

front bb7 (or vee in summer) and vee ont back all the time (cant deny they work! just personal preference I guess)

Ali why is it that vee brakes are better than magura? I was just wondering maggies are more expensive so therfore shouldnt they be better ?

btw. what vee's do you use ?

answer to the question t-liteboy id personaly have to say maguras and i also prefer the look of them

Ali why is it that vee brakes are better than magura? I was just wondering maggies are more expensive so therfore shouldnt they be better ?

btw. what vee's do you use ?

answer to the question t-liteboy id personaly have to say maguras and i also prefer the look of them

actually, an avid ultimate vee setup is more exspensive than a maggie, but the quality is MUCH higher!

I like vees as they have much MUCH more holding power, are easier to pull than a maggie (reducing arm fatigue), pads last longer as they dont wobble around, pads are easier to replace, brake is easier to setup, brake is usually quieter, can remove wheel without letting the air out of the tyre, can get spairs in just about any bike shop in the world, no split hoses, no freezing parts, can adjust the power, can adjust the lever feel, the pivot is lower and the arc of the lever is more natural.

enough reasons? :rolleyes:

it's all about personal preference, try things out though before shedding out a load of money on bits, and there's always arguments about whats better, JUST RIDE and don't worry too much.

gianttrials

Edited by gianttrials