Try-all Fw Is Skipping!

woozy

same for me, i already rode 3 weeks on it and no skipping, works perfectly. anyway dont think you have to worry about it, if skips 1 pawl you still have 2 more left to engage ;)

Edited by LiTe

same for me, i already rode 3 weeks on it and no skipping, works perfectly. anyway dont think you have to worry about it, if skips 1 pawl you still have 2 more left to engage ;)

It doesn't engage on pawl at a time as far as I know, but yeh when they do skip it's hardly noticable as the next ep is so close.

• 1 month later...

If it's brand new, it probably just needs bedding in.

If you're confident enough open it up, and get rid of some of the grease that'll be inside, and use some Finishline oil in it.

Opening it should be easy enough, just undo the lockring, and i'm certain that they've got sealed bearings, so you wont get those all over the floor. ;)

If it's brand new, it probably just needs bedding in.

If you're confident enough open it up, and get rid of some of the grease that'll be inside, and use some Finishline oil in it.

Opening it should be easy enough, just undo the lockring, and i'm certain that they've got sealed bearings, so you wont get those all over the floor. ;)

Sealed bearings! pah! I think not.

They are caged at best, but most definately not sealed. Those freewheel's are not designed to be taken apart either, maybe not the best advice.

try spray GT85 or WD40 into the freewheel, if there is a bit of clogged up crap in there it just needs to be removed from the "ratchet" part of the freewheel. i wouldnt advise taking these open bearing freewheels in bits as there a nightmare to get back together.

Waynio.......................