Amourdillo

20inch_power

Hi people, iv got a armourdillo, and a few of my mates say that it makes your frame sweat??

What does this mean?? and what do u think to it??

Is it a load of s**t my mates are saying??

Cheers...Suli... (Y)

I think they are telling youa load of s**t how can a frame sweat...im my opinion they cant.Water can get in them if left out in the rain but never knew they could sweat :lol:

Eyup Shaunus, when I had my Armourdillo on my bike it was dry weather and whenever I took it off, my frame and the armourdillo were both slightly wet. (Y)

Anyway, trials bikes are made for taking hammer lol, when it gets damaged, it might look a little bit tatty yeah and people think it looks s**t but if you put protection all over it, all you see is that!!! I think that some dints look better than a load of protection thats why I took mine off lol. (Y)

CJ..

Eyup Shaunus, when I had my Armourdillo on my bike it was dry weather and whenever I took it off, my frame and the armourdillo were both slightly wet. (Y)

Anyway, trials bikes are made for taking hammer lol, when it gets damaged, it might look a little bit tatty yeah and people think it looks s**t but if you put protection all over it, all you see is that!!! I think that some dints look better than a load of protection thats why I took mine off lol. (Y)

CJ..

sell it to that 20141 or something like that lol, he is desperate for one!

...suli...

Personally i thinck it is pointless, you mayaswell rap it in cotton wool. i dont understand why your frame would sweat either, the only thing its going to do is add weight and make your bike look weird. ( no offence to people that have them).

moza

you know if you eat the brown stuff that comes out of your bum you get more intelligent?

Go on, try it.

It's true, i've done it and i'm a clever boy (so my mum says when i eat all my greens) and i can add all the way up to ........ 1......4.....G...3....9.....46...32..... urm, a big letter!

My armourdillo took all the hits i can throw at it and only recently after a year have i finally managed to bend two of the rods and put a neat dent in the downtube.

Urm..... they can make your frame sweat a bit which is good for weight loss but then they add like 50 pounds on though.

Urm..... welds are the strongest place on your frames so you can drill holes in them to save weight and still have a strong bike?!?!

Does anyone remember that post in NMC where a kid drilled holes all over his frame to try and save weight and he posted a picture too.

Mission to all......... find that post!

All these people who are nay saying, in actual fact it does appear to sweat, BUT its not the frame, the partion of air between the armordillo and the frame during riding gets to a different temperature (possibly through friction and such, also when removed from a warmer place the protection is insulation so doesnt cool as fast). Therefore, you get, condensation. Similarly with cars when u get in the windows steam up. It will not do anything to the frame, may rot the material of the protection if its kept in a warm place but its unlikley.

Personally I think they look ugly as your trying to protect the frame but surley you protect it so it doesnt have any ugly scratches but if your protecting it you cant see it :blink: so it sort of defeats the object in my eyes.

Hope this has helped.

(Y)

Adam

All these people who are nay saying, in actual fact it does appear to sweat, BUT its not the frame, the partion of air between the armordillo and the frame during riding gets to a different temperature (possibly through friction and such, also when removed from a warmer place the protection is insulation so doesnt cool as fast). Therefore, you get, condensation. Similarly with cars when u get in the windows steam up. It will not do anything to the frame, may rot the material of the protection if its kept in a warm place but its unlikley.

Personally I think they look ugly as your trying to protect the frame but surley you protect it so it doesnt have any ugly scratches but if your protecting it you cant see it :blink: so it sort of defeats the object in my eyes.

Yea it is true! especially with big riders like neil tuncliff and CLS who when they ride there bike has to respire because the bikes have to work so hard! bikes break when you tire them out so much!!!

car windows steam up because your breathing! its most likeley that the armordilo may not dry as quickly and a metal frame........

and armordillos are awsome! mines f**ked but my frame only got a few dints so i was happy!!

iv got a amourdillo, i have had it for about 6 onths and frame is still strong as ever. i think your mates are telling you a load of rubish.

i found a amourdillo on airevalleycycles and i rang them up and they said they didnt have any in stock but they gave me a number for another bike shop and he still had loads left, i cant remember what the bike shop was but airevalleycycles should tell you give them a call.