Bottom Bracket Help

paulbell123

hi I'm having a problem with my BB i bort a onza t-pro frame the other day and the BB is over sized and the BB was to short for my cranks so i had to take the cups off of the over sized BB and put them n my longer BB, the BB goes in OK but the cup on the left hand side sticks off about Cm and its tight of a ducks ass but the BB wobbles abit does anyone know why this is. thanks Paul bell.

Sounds like you've got a 73mm BB, in a 68mm shell.

Just file down the up a bit, or just leave it.

Should be alright?

If not, sell the BB you're using now, and buy a 68X127.5mm. £13.99 from here.

I had this in my T-Pro, and it was fine.

I'm guessing you're running a Sq Tapered BB anyway... :unsure:

What you mean eaxcelt oversized? Onza frames use a STD MTB EURO BB shell and BB as well as thread!

Might need a 118mm axle+ width, shell width be 68mm if i'm not mistaken.

The cup on the NON drive can stick out a little. My Phasley did all the time never snaped a BB!

Removed it all, clean it all, grease the shell which you might not of done at all, refit it slowly as the BB threads go easy on the T-pro if you rape it like many do sadly!

Pete

Hang on, so you're using the cups from the BB that come with the frame? and your BB in them? That would explain why its sticking out, because its not going into the non-drive side cup properly, you need to use the cups from your BB instead.

It's OK for it to stick out a little bit, but 10mm is way too much, that could cause damage, I had a BB snap on my jump bike 'cos the left cup didn't fit properly, so it does weaken them.

you havent stated what bbs you are using, but if you are trying to use an onza bb cup, with a shimano bb, it wont work

That's what I was assuming, yeah, just put in your BB as a whole unit, not bits of yours and bits of the one that came with it.

From the looks of what he said the bb shell is oversized, maybe one of those dodgy ones that supercycles had and were selling on ebay?

That would explain why he's trying to use the original cups, In all fairness I havent a clue what goes on with different bb's you might just be better off buying a longer version of the one you got with the frame if thats possible?

hi I'm having a problem with my BB i bort a onza t-pro frame the other day and the BB is over sized and the BB was to short for my cranks so i had to take the cups off of the over sized BB and put them n my longer BB, the BB goes in OK but the cup on the left hand side sticks off about Cm and its tight of a ducks ass but the BB wobbles abit does anyone know why this is. thanks Paul bell.

Check your spelling and get a new BB

That's really weird, there should only be one size of BB diameter. You got a pic? sounds like the guy above's right.

Onza went through a fad of cutting the BB shells 0.5mm too big apparently... Thats why you can only use the BB from the frame.

I heard SuperCycles sell the larger diameter BB's separately, give them a ring to find out...