Which Style Of Maguras Do You Prefer?

Mod-Bodger

hi,

as the title suggests i am looking for some maguras but my friends have been telling me that the new pair of hs33's are not as good as the old versions with the adjuster on the lever blade

i do want some maguras but which so would like to know which you prefer in your opinion and usage

thanks

• 3 months later...

I think that what ever one you first get you seem to prefer. I know loads of people who started with the older HS33s and prefer them but I started with the newer one and prefer mine. Performance wise I think that they are just the same but one thing that is very annoying on the newer HS33s is the placement of the adjuster. But on the older one it is in a much better place.

Chris

i've used the old style one for years then got an 05 one a few months ago. Not as stiff as the older model but still works well, more comfortable I suppose you could say.

Which ever one you can get cheaper, they're both good. I think the old style ones would be going for cheap now anyway

personnaly i like the original magura raceline levers with long style lever blades an no tpa (as seen on martyn ashtons bike in tricks and stunts/chainspotting). they're not as powerfull as any of the newer types but felt much nicer, mind you this is going back 8-10+ years ago.

I have old style maguras on my t-pro and personally think they are fine. My mate has the new style maguras on his t-comp and they do feel better as the levers have a much lighter feel to them. Overall i think its up to you what you get because you get use to them whatever you have.(Y)

This exact topic was posted about a month ago, search for threads like this before posting it up!

Why do you want to know what we think anyway? Ride them both and decide for yourself.