Removing A Fixed Cog

MikeCottTrials

Clamp it in a vice as hard as you can, then put a piece of scaffold pole on the crank to undo it. If you don't want to damage the sprocket then put a piece of old chain around it before putting in the vice.

or get 2 x blocks of wood and put them in between the sprocket and the vice, grab hold of the wheel and turn, job done (if you are talking about a rear sprocket)

if not above will work

Edited by rwiley

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question, is the chain method used to take it off a crank aswell, i have an Echo crank and bashring with fixed cog and i want to take them both off.

I wanted to get the same gearing as on my onza so would i be able to take my ordinary T-Bird cog off and put it onto my echo cranks?

Cheers in advance, Rorz!

Clamp it in a vice as hard as you can, then put a piece of scaffold pole on the crank to undo it. If you don't want to damage the sprocket then put a piece of old chain around it before putting in the vice.

Is that the same idea to get a screw on bash ring off..... i have tensile cranks with a duel bash.

tryed to get it off with a whain whip, but the whip snapped!!

vice idea sound good.

Edited by johny boy