Tpa, I Just Broke It, Help Please.

eskimo

I just broke my tpa. I was twisting the tpa and its seems as the thread has rounded off. I'm a little confused to how i should fix it.

I took the red star off and am now left with a thing with a thread.

I will have a fiddle though. It's a really old skool red magura with trial written on it.

Search is useless at the moment as well. TPA finds no results. TPA HS33 etc finds no TPA help. Magura website isn't helpfull. And OBM's tpa raped topic hasn't any pics plus he's offline.

Thanks for any usefull help (in advance)

[edit]

fixed

Edited by eskimo

I just broke my tpa. I was twisting the tpa and its seems as the thread has rounded off. I'm a little confused to how i should fix it.

I took the red star off and am now left with a thing with a thread.

I will have a fiddle though. It's a really old skool red magura with trial written on it.

Search is useless at the moment as well. TPA finds no results. TPA HS33 etc finds no TPA help. Magura website isn't helpfull. And OBM's tpa raped topic hasn't any pics plus he's offline.

Thanks for any usefull help (in advance)

ok, remove the lever blade you should then have. your red plastic bit. a wierd shaped metal plate about 3.5 mm thick, one end will fit in a u shaped groove in the tpa adapter(the plate will just be a straight edge), and the other will have a u shaped cut out in the plate, where it connects to a con-rod which pushes on the piston in the master cylinder.

post-1186-1169733586_thumb.jpg

kinda like that.

then you should have a sqaure block of metal, with a bolt stuck in it.(its the sqaure metal bit which attaches to the tpa at one end). at the end of this inside the lever, chances are the bolt will have sheared off. and then there will be a cylindrical piece of metal with a groove in it which would sit over the metal plate. with a bit of thread on the end, which has sheared off the bolt inside the metal block.

quite simply remove the sheared off bolt from inside the metal block, throw this and the cylindrical bit which has sheared off in the bin, refit the lever with all bits in the correct place(metal plate, lever blade, square metal block with hole in the middle.) then in that hole, in the metal block(Where the red tpa plastic bit goes. ) screw a bolt in, thats your new TPA

so from the outside, will look like this:

post-1186-1169734048_thumb.jpg

Got a better, neater looking bodge.

Cut that bolt down so it's shorter.

Cut a slot in the head of it, wide enough for the 'plate' to fit in it.

Take out the 'fork' sorta bit that has the thread on it, and put the bolt in it's place.

Just screw the bolt's thread into the gold, square...thing, and then you can put the red star back on.

:)

Here's some artwork that could help...

post-6343-1169792954_thumb.jpg

Left= bolt.

Right = lever. Red = bolt, blue = gold, thread..thing, green = red tpa star.