My Hope Mono Trial

zonaboy dan

hi guys as it says in the title my hope mono trial is no working to its full potential but the thing

is that iv have bought a new rotor and new pads and iv had new pistons and all new seals and a re-bleed

i just dont get it :blink: can eny one help me thanks dan (Y)

bump

Edited by zonaboy dan

needs beddin in:

find big hill

ride down big hill with brake on (not so it locks up, just so the pads hit the rotor+you can feel some resistance etc)

pour water over disk/caliper

lol at steam =]

repeat untill your brakes good+graby etc =]

might want to get your disk mounts faced (costs about a 10er, in short they use a tool to make sure the two holes the bolts go through are paralel etc so the pads hit the disk squarely)

(Y)

This is no joke, smear some nice, sticky mud round your rotors, ride up and down the rose with your brakes dragging to clean the pad surfaceup, then spray it really well, then fo and get your rotors hot to evapourate all the steam off, then go ride.

Works for me every time, I have been running hydro discs on my scott for over a year.

What version is it, the black with blue cap or sliver with black cap?

Who did all the work on it?

Right fluid?

You got it set up correctly on the fork mount?

I bet you have the reach adjsetment screw set wrong. 90% of the retuns to Hope is due to this and they send it back with a stinking note now.

I been up there today and saw 18 of them with the same problem..user error

Yeah, try getting your fork mounts faced. My mono-trials is wank on my cheepo forks at the moment, but on my Pashleys that had been faced nicely it was awesome. Can't weight to get the Pashleys back on when I get them back from Leeson. It should be bedded in after that long really, but its kinda on the halfway ground, could be, could not be, best to give it a bit longer if you can, and make sure you get it wet a bit too.

Best comeback ever. Lmao.

The key to a well working hope mono trial is that you get the disc perfectly in the middle of the caliper. And that your forks are faced to the pads are perfectly square.

(Y)

• 2 weeks later...
needs beddin in:

find big hill

ride down big hill with brake on (not so it locks up, just so the pads hit the rotor+you can feel some resistance etc)

pour water over disk/caliper

lol at steam =]

repeat untill your brakes good+graby etc =]

might want to get your disk mounts faced (costs about a 10er, in short they use a tool to make sure the two holes the bolts go through are paralel etc so the pads hit the disk squarely)

(Y)

thats not going to be a problem is it Dan :P