Bmx Question

teeth

Hi i know this is trials forum but what psi does anybody run on there bmx? need help please im 6 ft and 10 1\2 stone i think that right thanks for any help

teeth

Hey dude, well it depends on what you ride, dirt, park, street? i ride dirt as well as trials and i ride at 100psi but my mates ride park and they run 60psi. all depends on what u ride. (Y)

Hey dude, well it depends on what you ride, dirt, park, street? i ride dirt as well as trials and i ride at 100psi but my mates ride park and they run 60psi. all depends on what u ride. (Y)

thats totally backwards! you need higher pressures on ramps becasue of the forces when you land into a rmap squashing the tyres. You lose all your pump on a ramp if you're tyres aren't really hard.

first of all though, don't exceed what your tyres recommend. Pretty safe bet though, if you're riding park, you would do good filling the tyres to their max psi rating. ( it's stated on the tyre)

I run 100psi too.

thats totally backwards! you need higher pressures on ramps becasue of the forces when you land into a rmap squashing the tyres. You lose all your pump on a ramp if you're tyres aren't really hard.

first of all though, don't exceed what your tyres recommend. Pretty safe bet though, if you're riding park, you would do good filling the tyres to their max psi rating. ( it's stated on the tyre)

I run 100psi too.

I do trails riding and i run at 100psi and my mate rides park and he runs 60psi, for dirt you need high psi to keep up the speed for the next jump, park you dont need it so hard cause you dont need to keep up loads of speed unless you run halfpipes but still 100psi for park is bit hard.

Edited by Tailz222

I do trails riding and i run at 100psi and my mate rides park and he runs 60psi, for dirt you need high psi to keep up the speed for the next jump, park you dont need it so hard cause you dont need to keep up loads of speed unless you run halfpipes but still 100psi for park is bit hard.

If you wanna keep your speed in a park of course you need hard tyres!! it's the best feeling in the world pumping ramps until you want to stop with not a single pedal. You can't d that without hard tyres. Apart from flowing ramps and pumping (exactly the same reasons as trails), soft tyres in a park can be dangerous. i've been out cold when i pmped a bowl corner heading towards a curved wallride when my below pressure tyre squashed right in and squirmed from my rim, sending me to the ground on my head.

60 ain't that low depending on the tyre and the rider weight, but it's certainly a lot lower than i'd like. Park requires high PSI.