Pedals?

weebryan

Personally, I wouldn't ever buy another pair of DMR V8s. The bearings, especially in recent years it seems, really aren't that great. They just get rattly and feel like crap relatively quickly compared to other pedals, and the pins don't stay in too well. Even on my back foot (I sidehop right side, I'm talking about my left pedal...) pedal, I seemed to lose pins, that's having locktited them in from new. They just really aren't great pedals, plus I've really gone off the feel/size of them having tried out other pedals.

My Azonic X-Pedals lasted a long-ass time, still going strong now. On the "rough" side of my front foot I lost two pins, I think, but on the "good" side of my front pedal and both sides of my back pedal, they're both fine. They're light as hell, look cool (In my opinion), and feel really good under your foot. Same sort of price as the V12s, but don't get all rattly and turd as much as V12s seem to, from most people I've seen with them's experiences. On the subject of X-pedals, the VP1 "Freeride" X-pedals I've got are pretty nice. Quite a large platform if you dig that kind of thing, a great pin system, smooth bearings, aren't gonna break in four minutes, plus they're pretty exclusive seeing as not many people run them?

I doubt I'd touch any Gusset pedal again. The Prosecutor (That one earlier in the thread, outer cage on a chunky body) was the slippiest pedal I've ever used. Just no grip at all, bearings weren't great, and if it got even slightly wet you were totally done for. With the SlimJims, I've seen too many snapped spindles, broken pedal bodies, stripped pins and blown bearings to ever want to lay down £30 on them...