Lazy Piston?

Netherking

hey all

i've tried adjusting the rear maggie so much to fix this, i've come to the conclusion that one of the pistons doesn't return fully but does have room to move fully(i can push it back manually) its not always the same size either?

Which means that to get the bite i like and the movement of the lever one pad is always rubbing and this is getting annoying too say the least.

any ideas would be grateful

harry

Seriously, before you even read that link just back off a little on the TPA, that's the most common reason for it. As I said in the other thread you will never get both piston's to move at the same time, but you should be able to get them to move a full 'stroke'

Seriously, before you even read that link just back off a little on the TPA, that's the most common reason for it. As I said in the other thread you will never get both piston's to move at the same time, but you should be able to get them to move a full 'stroke'

This is true.

But mine sort of move at the same time, one's slightly before the other, but yeah, much better than it was before..

Follow the guide I made, it'll make your brake feel a lot nicer afterwards, especially if you get a lot of black, smelly, crap coming out of the brake when you clean it all. ;)

If you want both pistons to move out at the exact same time you can get a monty brake spilter. But for how much they change your brake there not worth the money.

Matt Rushton

All fixed! Me and Harry have managed to water bleed his back brake!!

Using the "bucket method".

It didn't work at all the first time we tried it. We tried again and it worked a bit this time, but lever would hit the bars before any movement of the pad. We decided to raise the bucket and hold the end that wasn't being bled lower and tap everything to get the air up and out. This time was a lot better! But still a bit of movement of the lever before any pad movement!! So once more we bled each end of the system and finally got it as good as the front brake!

Now as soon as you pull the lever a tiny amount, the pad will also move!! Also oiled up the pistons and they both run freely and return perfectly! :rolleyes:

So the moral to this story is... "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!"

Fyfey :turned: