Trials Parks?

ridelife

I live in Fleet and we used to have a really old bmx park. After lots of nagging and a large number of names put forward that would be interested in the build of a new park. Our council granted permission and allowed the riders/skaters to design the park.

Luckily the new park is coated in a grippy paint that allows us trials riders to make use of some of the gaps without falling on our @sses.

I can suggest to you that collecting a lot of names/signatures of people that would be interested in a new park might open the eyes to your local area for one.

I live in a town near Barcelona (Spain) and in about 20 minutes i'm in Sabadell's Trialpark. It's a nice place to ride and almost all the Saturdays Jordi Rubio (an Spanish Master) is riding around there :turned:

Would you fancy meeting up when i come over on holiday? and showing me around?? As im bringing my bike :)

we have one in silsden its ok to ride there now and again its all natural with rails all round the outside

its ok because they is some good rail gaps and stuff

it gets farly boring thought but they are on about making it bigger and not on a massive hill

id rather ride street thought :rolleyes:

Toby

Hi!

I live in the middle of Sweden, and since there's a big interest in all kind of cycling in my home town, we're trying to get an skate/BMX/Trials indoor park! The government is a bit lazy.. but I think we're getting there.

But til then we, we take action by ourselfs, we build our own little parks... I mean one can do pretty much with some imagination and help from some friends...

We also have got a big indoor park in Gothenburg, just 1.5h from here.

My advice is, that if you are able, try to build as much as you can by your own!

Good luck!

Edited by Leezaah

can any one tell me what a trials park consists of ?

Well it contains whatever you wish for.. like pallets, boulders, cement blocks.. all of it built to suit a trials cyclist.. some parks even allow people to move around the environment, to get a track that suits them. use your imagination. :turned:

Hi im the same me and my mates have been trying to get a park for about a year but we might be getting a skate park with a few rocks around just out saide of my village.I go practasing at shipley glen and you pass a trials park on your way i think its in baildon and i have allso herd that theres another one being made about half an hour away from my house.So i say you should have a meeting with your local counciler and talk to them allso try go around houses and ask people to sign a peace of paper saying i think there should be a park so kids get off the streets or something like that.Good look hope you get a trials park soon.

sam

well i live in the same town as the lad who posted this, and they 'want' to find/build us somewhere to go, so they say, however they are saying they cant do alot. we were just up for throwing some pallets down and making and moving our own lines. They say they cant do this now though because of health and saftey so i dont see anything happening any time soon to be honast. Cheers Josh

well i live in the same town as the lad who posted this, and they 'want' to find/build us somewhere to go, so they say, however they are saying they cant do alot. we were just up for throwing some pallets down and making and moving our own lines. They say they cant do this now though because of health and saftey so i dont see anything happening any time soon to be honast. Cheers Josh

Josh where have you heard this? That was a load S**t mate, i have been attending the meetings every week about this and they want us to get more info on prices and design ideas etc. just a tip Josh don't post anything unless you know it for 100% mate...

Josh where have you heard this? That was a load S**t mate, i have been attending the meetings every week about this and they want us to get more info on prices and design ideas etc. just a tip Josh don't post anything unless you know it for 100% mate...

drew shut up!!

Well drew if you have been attending all these meetings your not getting very far are you? and a parking attendant that used to throw us off every where has started trying to help us, he went and spoke to the person in charge of getting the park and that is what he has said. You have not been at meetings, you go to a womens house and talk about it with your dad and her skater lads.

Well drew if you have been attending all these meetings your not getting very far are you? and a parking attendant that used to throw us off every where has started trying to help us, he went and spoke to the person in charge of getting the park and that is what he has said. You have not been at meetings, you go to a womens house and talk about it with your dad and her skater lads.

We have had a meeting with a person called James brindle from eldc and he is leading our project. so what if the parking attendant is a complete tard i don't give a wet slap mate?!?

i haven't got anything against you but that parking attendant has got nothing to do with us , Us boys, yes including Dan, will get somewhere decent to ride mate!

Edited by monty ryder

drew what commitie are you "running" if you dont mind me asking as the only comitie i know off was the previous park comite which had all the funnding but no approval from the council so how come you have and nothink has happened ?