Forum Improvements...

JsyJoel93

Ok, sorry if this is a repeat but i used the search and this is the 1st one i could find.

Are there any improvements/changes you would make to the forum if you could e.g:

A lot of people make new topics telling us about their new parts, i think there should be a "Review Section" so that any new/old or custom parts can be shared and reviewed maybe with a mark out of 10 scheme in there all in one place. Just a thought.

Gimme some of your ideas people...

Joel ;)

Edited by JsyJoel93

why ask when you havn't the power to implement them?

Don't post topics for the sake of getting validated, it's gay.

was just a question, no need to take the piss.

and I wasn't just making a topic to get validated, i was trying to make somethin interesting that people could get involved in, its better than "What grips do you have ?" which is what is around most of the time. Sorry mate !

Joel

why ask when you havn't the power to implement them?

Don't post topics for the sake of getting validated, it's gay.

So immature and unnecersarry.

The members of the trials forums are in theory the 'customers'. Therefore I think it is fair that people suggest improvements if they so wish to.

Secondly why would anyone not want to have a smoother running forum as it would benefit everyone.

Phil

I was thinking of a for sale/wanted topic. On the (New Members :D ) chat, I dont really see why it is not ok to have one now :ermm: .

Hope this can be arranged. ^_^

The idea to new members chat is that people post for a few days and get validated into the forum. Forsale / wanted topics were banned due to people comming onto the forum and just using it as their own ebay, and not really putting any effort into posts or topics. Also, there were some problems with scams and people ripping people off becuase they wern't an established or well known member. But as we can see from the number of new members, it isn't a perfect system.

So, there won't ever be any sub forums or fs/wtd topics in new members.

I perosnally think when u sign up u should automaticlly become a full member, then if they mess about, spam or use text talk, should then be degraded to new members. That way, decent posters won't have to sit about with everyone else waiting 5 years to get validated when they are more capeable than some current members.

Edited by JT!

I know what you meen mate. (Y)

I was thinking of a for sale/wanted topic. On the (New Members :D ) chat, I dont really see why it is not ok to have one now :ermm: .

Hope this can be arranged. ^_^

Thanks Ross (Y)

Because anyone could join, claim to sell a super nice bike, get paid for it, then f**k off.

Or new members could sign up, say they want to buy everything, get the seller to wrap it up, ready for post, then have the buyer back out.

Theres also countless other reasons its not permitted.

Because anyone could join, claim to sell a super nice bike, get paid for it, then f**k off.

Or new members could sign up, say they want to buy everything, get the seller to wrap it up, ready for post, then have the buyer back out.

What's stopping someone waiting a couple of weeks till they get validated, and then doing it.

I feel the whole 'possibility of being scammed' thing is not really an aditional valid reason for not having fs/wtd topics in new members, and is only used to re-enforce the rule which it's reason for being is very weak as it it.

The idea to new members chat is that people post for a few days and get validated into the forum. Forsale / wanted topics were banned due to people comming onto the forum and just using it as their own ebay, and not really putting any effort into posts or topics. Also, there were some problems with scams and people ripping people off becuase they wern't an established or well known member. But as we can see from the number of new members, it isn't a perfect system.

I perosnally think when u sign up u should automaticlly become a full member, then if they mess about, spam or use text talk, should then be degraded to new members. That way, decent posters won't have to sit about with everyone else waiting 5 years to get validated when they are more capeable than some current members.

That's a damn good idea mate (Y) And cheers for backing me up "Phil_onza" nice to now theres some really decent guys on here. Was a bit disappointed when i saw it but hey, there's gotta be a few w**kers in the world :D

Keep 'em coming guys...

Joel ;)

Edited by JsyJoel93

What's stopping someone waiting a couple of weeks till they get validated, and then doing it.

I feel the whole 'possibility of being scammed' thing is not really an aditional valid reason for not having fs/wtd topics in new members, and is only used to re-enforce the rule which it's reason for being is very weak as it it.

Er, a lot

For one, you can find out what their attitude is like, you can see who their friends are, and who lives close to them.

Its about gaining respect and proving you aren't just a time waster, or just here to cause trouble.

New members works, which ever way you look at it. In any other country, no, it wouldn't, but with the chav culture we have here in england, and the education, or lack their off, its not very often you see good posters, and generally good minded people not bother to get validated. If anything, the people with more maturity, self-awareness and self-initiative can see why the system is there, and just post the 3 or 4 posts it will take them to get validated.

So immature and unnecersarry.

The members of the trials forums are in theory the 'customers'. Therefore I think it is fair that people suggest improvements if they so wish to.

Secondly why would anyone not want to have a smoother running forum as it would benefit everyone.

Phil

Immature and unecessary?? what? because I disagree with your point of view? grow up.

We are not customers, we don't pay for this, it is free, it is fair for people to suggest improvements, and that can be done as it would be on any other forum, by PMing an Admin. There is no need for a new thread to be started asking about 'forum improvements' especially in the new members board. Would it not be a better idea to ask full members, who have more experiance of using the forum, and seemingly more maturity, what their thoughts are?

The forum is smooth running as far as I am concerned.

There has been one suggestion in this thread that has been discussed, which is new members selling, i think ' :rolleyes: ' sums up my thoughts'.

That's a damn good idea mate (Y) And cheers for backing me up "Phil_onza" nice to now theres some really decent guys on here. Was a bit disappointed when i saw it but hey, there's gotta be a few w**kers in the world :D

Keep 'em coming guys...

Joel ;)

also, resorting to calling those who disagree with you 'wankers' is hardly 'mature' is it.

Jesus christ new members can all suck the back of my ballbag.

I totaly agree with you on this , but i think a problem would be when people get downgraded they will just make another account and carry on. Why dont every one just accept how it is, if it was any other way people would be getting scammed ect..

Immature and unecessary?? what? because I disagree with your point of view? grow up.

We are not customers, we don't pay for this, it is free, it is fair for people to suggest improvements, and that can be done as it would be on any other forum, by PMing an Admin. There is no need for a new thread to be started asking about 'forum improvements' especially in the new members board. Would it not be a better idea to ask full members, who have more experiance of using the forum, and seemingly more maturity, what their thoughts are?

The forum is smooth running as far as I am concerned.

Ha how ironic, you could grow up abit too. And I quote 'its gay'.

No, immature and unnecersarry because of the way you go about responding to people.

Yes it may be better to go about suggesting the improvements in the way you have stated however I wouldn't be an arse to a new member jsut because they didn't think of that.

Phil

Is the forum not here to help people? instead all we do is argue and i think that pretty immature common guys grow up

teeth

True story, I couldnt agree more, but 'jake1516' is often rude and/or an idiot so I think its fair that someone should call him up on it (they do reguarly)

However in the interest of the topic I'll leave it (Y)

Phil

Most scammers won't bother if they have to put alot of effort into it.

I supose, it is a fair point, but for every one person that scams there's 100 people who have a good experince.

New members works, which ever way you look at it.

It does, it certainly keeps the shit posters away till they learn, but it holds back alot of people who can spell and would have some good input.

but i think a problem would be when people get downgraded they will just make another account and carry on.

Oh, that is a problem.