Onza T-pro

rider_01

hey people

i need your opinion on the onza t-pro i only ride a diamondback t20 atm (video on youtube

)

do you think a onza t-pro is a good move for me or should i get something better give me some idea for what would be a good bike for me to get

next looking for something long-ish

all idea welcome

cheers....

sean

T-Pros are good bike's Don't get me wrong but it seems so many people have them nowadays. If I was you get some a little better.

And by the look of your riding I think you would ride this quite nice. Not sure if you could Budget this..

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=2158

..I say you get it, It will do you good :)

Hope I've helped...

Cheers,

Sam.

P.s Enjoyed the video, Song was Minta ;)

Edited by sam D

thanks for the coment on the vid (Y)

and i dont really like monty at all and my budget is about £400 can go a little more but not much, and i would buy sencand hand and any more idea's now knowing my budget ?

cheers...

sean

Edited by rider_01

Have you considerd the New 07 ZOO! Python or GU? I ride a GU and they are really nice to ride, and a friend of mine has the new python which is also very nice to ride, I would recommend the short version if you were to get any of these frames. Looks to me that you suit short bikes rather than long.

Here's a link to the Python...

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=2023

...Sorry that I hav'nt got a link for the GU, Not sure if TartyBikes sell them. I'm sure they will sell the New GU mod though when it comes out.

You can always buy them second hand but make sure you get pictures etc. You don't want to be spending alot of money on a frame to find it batterd when it gets to you. Thats why it's better to buy them brand new from the shop so much safer. So many scamers out there its getting stupid :P

:)

Cheers,

Sam.

Edited by sam D

thanks for that but i really only have £400 - £450 max to spend on frame parts ect....

so i would prefer to buy a full bike and the GU sounds really good to me i really

like then and the zoo just blows me away but the GU is the one i like most of all

cheers all the same....

sean

Well I'm not 100% sure but I'd say something around £500-£550 Maby even £600, But it depends if your buying the bike brand new, if your getting all the parts second hand I'd imagine the prices to be a little Lower :)

Oh yeah and the Zona Zip = very good choice in frame, another friend of mine has one, Very Nice (Y)

Cheers,

Sam.

I got a T-Pro and would highly recommend it - thought I hear they don't come with maggies any more :unsure:

If you can set up V's really well - then I'd say go for it. (This is if the "no-maggie" thing is true)

I keep hearing people say that T-Pros are dead popular - but I've only seen about 3 vids of people riding them... so I'm clueless :)

Nice vid by the way :)

Flipp

Yeah Tpros are nice begginer/intermediate bikes and judging your video you look like you have achieved alot of stuff you would want a tpro for. I would say go for one better , but then your price range might e a problem. Try F/s and see what stuff goes for in there.

(Yeah - great video, how long you been riding?)

Brad

iv only been ridng just over a year well mod bikes anyway

and i really had my heart set on a zona zip about 2 weeks back and the fella

who was going to get it off swapt his bike befor i could get the money really

gutted but what can you do and yeh the t-pro isnt a bit hit for me but its the only

bike i can think if in my price range

cheers all the same......

sean

T-Pros are good bike's Don't get me wrong but it seems so many people have them nowadays. If I was you get some a little better.

And by the look of your riding I think you would ride this quite nice. Not sure if you could Budget this..

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=2158

..I say you get it, It will do you good :)

Hope I've helped...

Cheers,

Sam.

P.s Enjoyed the video, Song was Minta ;)

Yh i agree with you i had a t-bird and have now got a 221 pr and love it.It might seem abit dear but its well worth every bit of it and can i just say those monty eagle claw tyres are amazingly grippy.

Sam

i disagree with you all the onza t-pro is a grerat bike its amzing in evrey way. Fantastic for the price

T.W i feel that you have just gone to every thread and added a unnecessary posts, also learn to Spell check?? Like i said before in this topic the tpros are good for starting on and people riding in the intermediate level.

You look quite comfy on that! Honestly, I'd say that buying a new bike over is a bit of a waste, it would be much better to add to the one you already have as it would probably work out cheaper and you could tell how different parts affect the bike, so you'd be able to customise your bike more effeciently in the future.

Looking at your riding it looks as though you are on quite a low gear, 22 -16/18 (Rear Freewheel)? If so, I think you'd moslty benefit from a new freewheel (18) and a 12 tooth rear cog, as that gear is much nicer to ride on imo as it is much easier to bring the bike up etc.

If you really want to build a bike up, a decent technique, although limiting in the parts available, is to go on Tartybikes and add up all the parts you require into the shopping basket. Then you'll have an idea of what the bike will be like and what it'll ride like, and you'll know the cost of it all and which parts sap all of your money etc.

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz